Chapter 2

Across the hall in apartment 4A Leonard was stressed. Penny made it his job to make sure Sheldon wore his new outfit and to style his hair. Sheldon put up a small fight until Leonard threatened to call Penny!

Sheldon was wearing a simple yet stylish outfit. Penny allowed him to keep his layered shirts, because it just worked with the outfit for once.

Leonard came out to the living room he was glad he didn't have to wear a tie. Howard was watching tv while he and Sheldon finished getting ready. Raj was picking up Emily and meeting them at the restaurant.

"So, what exactly is this outing supposed to accomplish?" Howard asks. Bernie didn't tell him much, except the Shamy were going to get made over for tonight.

"Sheldon wanted a change from the rut he's in, and it just sorta turned into this." Leonard replied while quickly checking his email.

"So... what you're really saying is, that tonight is all Penny's idea?" Howard humorously stated.

"Basically." Leonard mumbled.

"Well, this will be interesting. Did you know La Descarga also has burlesque dancing upstairs? Wonder if the girls will let us check it out?" Howard asks hopefully.

"It does? I didn't know I'm surprised Sheldon even agreed if he learned that bit of information." Leonard replied.

Just then Sheldon entered the room. Fixing the buttons on his gray sweater he left a couple undone at top, and wore a black shirt underneath paired with fitted black jeans and dress shoes.

Howard simply stared he couldn't believe how different Sheldon looked. He actually looked handsome, not that he'd say that out loud Sheldon's head was big enough!

"Uh... Sheldon you do know there's burlesque dancing in La Descarga right?" Leonard cautiously asks.

Sheldon gives him a look that says 'are you serious' he shakes his head and replies.

"Of course I know Leonard. That 'den of sin' as my mother would call it, is fully contained upstairs away from the kitchen and more importantly me. After experiencing a nightmarish and unwanted lap dance with Mr. James Earl Jones, I don't care to relive that hell!" Sheldon said in disgust.   

Leonard sighed in exasperation, 'try to ask a simple question at least I did my job and the girls will be here soon'.

"Fine, just as long as you don't freak out and complain about not being warned." Leonard explained.

Sheldon was done with the matter and retrieved his new dark gray peacoat from the closet.

Just then the door opened Bernie leading the way, she walked over to the couch and kissed Howard. Turning around she finally noticed Sheldon looking very GQ at his desk, 'I have to get a picture of this!', digging into her clutch she found her phone.

"Hey guys we're ready!" Penny announced. Leonard greeted her with a kiss, "You both look beautiful, but... where's Amy wasn't she with you?" Leonard asks.

Penny looked behind her and sure enough Amy wasn't there. "Amy get in here!" Penny yelled.

Nothing.

Amy was just outside the door out of view, she just needed to breathe for a minute. Sheldon and everyone else were going to see much more of her than anyone had ever seen. Except her physicians and Sheldon bathing her that one time!

"Amy are you okay?" Penny asked eyes full of concern. Seeing that Amy was leaning back against the wall with her eyes closed.

Opening her eyes Amy answered, "I'm alright now, I think I just had a small panic attack that's all." Amy gave her a tight smile.

"It'll be fine sweetie, you're among friends we love you. You're going to make head's turn tonight!" Penny assured Amy.

"I'm not used to being the center of attention like when you walk into a room. Just the thought of it is a bit overwhelming." Amy nervously said.

"You'll forget about being nervous soon. Once you see Sheldon every thought in your mind will stop!" Penny said with a wink and grin.

Amy's eyes widened, 'just breathe Fowler, stay calm!' she took a deep breath as Penny grabbed her hand and led her into the apartment.