start

"and they say drunk words are sober thoughts"

****

People grinding with each other as they dance to whatever music the DJ is playing, the whole place is reeking of alcohol and sex smell. This is a typical nightclub scenario where everybody is having the time of their lives and yet Gulf is only sitting at the bar counter watching.

"You could dance just like everyone instead of watching"

A voice from behind said so Gulf quickly turned to look at the owner of that voice. He looked at the stranger from head to toe, the man is probably in his late twenty's or could he be younger than that? Well, his smile gave it away but one thing is for sure that this man is older than Gulf. Another thing he noted is that this person is screaming rich; who wears a burberry and gucci in a mediocre nightclub?

He's definitely not checking this man out- perhaps curious?

The stranger was looking at him amusedly and that snapped him out from his trance.

"You could also have a dance instead of talking to a stranger" Gulf replied as he returned his gaze to the crowd. The man took the vacant seat near him and asked-

"May I buy you a drink?" That surely caught his attention;

"I wouldn't pass on a free drink"

The stranger called the bartender and ordered a beer- that made Gulf raise his eyebrow and thought;  "a light drink to start off the night?"  As soon as the bartender placed their drinks, he didn't waste time and chugged it as if it's a water.

"Woah, easy tiger no one will take it away from you" the stranger said qith a chuckle. However, this didn't stop gulf until he finished the whole bottle within 3 minutes. He smirked and said:

"Don't worry I have a high alcohol tolerance and this is just a light drink for me. But, this free drink tell me what's the catch? Surely you wouldn't just treat me without asking for anything in return"

"Touché" the man uttered and he consumed his drink.

"Ha! I knew it so is this the part where you ask for my name, probably start a casual talk or invite me to dance? Perhaps make out a little bit and who knows we'll end up at some random motel or hotel? Cause if that's the case sorry I don't do one night stand" Gulf ranted out using his hands animatedly.

Mr.  stranger chuckled to his amusement and said:

"Good try but no I'm not into one night stand either but i was looking for someone to accompany me on a road trip downtown? I heard there's a summer night market happening within that area."

Gulf was looking for any hint of joke but realized that this person is actually serious.

"Oh great, so now you want to murder me downtown? Gulf jokingly said.

"If I'm a murderer I won't be going to a night market just to flaunt your dead body. Second, I could also have spiked your drink awhile ago. So no, I don't have any intention to kill someone even in my entire life. I was looking for an accompany since my friends ditched me and I coincidentally happened to see you not doing anything. The stranger explained seriously

"Plus you can actually take a picture of me and send it to your friends just to make you feel safe and they will also know where you are" he added.

Gulf contemplated for a while- well he needed a breather plus doing it with a stranger who doesn't know anything about him oddly gave him a sense of comfort. He doesn't know what kind of sorcery is happening until he actually find himself saying:

"What's the name of this night market and how do we get there?"

Perhaps what made Gulf agree was because he needed to let loose of all his stress and worries. A temporary escape of reality and it seems like this stranger also needed the same thing as him. There is a little ounce of rationality that quickly passes on his mind: "you don't even know his name gulf, are you really sure you want to go with him?"

He quickly turned to the other and said: "I don't even know your name Mr. fancy so let's do a quick introduction, you can call me G. Before we actually do it  I'm going to place some ground rules- no asking of any personal questions such as complete name, address and so on. Technically we are still strangers right?"

This time it was the man who stared at him with amusement and he replied " In that case you can call me M and I'll go with your own terms G. So, anything else?"

"You need to treat me food at the night market and lead the way M" Gulf smiled

"This is probably the most impulsive and craziest stunt he pulled. He has nothing to lose anyway and he already sent a message to his friends to track him in case anything happens. What happened to the saying: "Don't talk to strangers?" He only wishes that this wouldn't add up to the regrets list of Gulf's life"

*****

wow this is awkward 

-stobelli