pt 2- Like, Shut Up

Pencil opens her eyes. She is taken aback for a moment, she has woken up in the same room for months on end. But, as she looks down, she remembers it all. She's in love with her best friend, and here they are. Finally together. Damn she's cute when she's asleep. Pencil thinks as she starts to smile. She hasn't felt like this in years, happy, she means. She has never ever felt like this. As if on cue, Match sleepily pries open her eyes and shudders slightly, just as Pencil had. She sits up away from Pencil, blushing.
"Um.. did I fall asleep on you? Omg uh.."
"It's okay, Match. We are together now, you don't need to stress about anything." She smiled.
"Oh, okay." Match said, under her breath as she looks out into the void. "So, like, that wasn't all a dream, right?" She turns her head to Pencil, shyly.
"It's all real."
"Oh." She looks forward to her feet.
"What's wrong?"
"It's just, like," Match starts to snuffle and her voice cracks. Pencil wasn't expecting that from her. "I've felt like this about you for years.. and I never thought it would go anywhere." Pencil slides back over to her and puts her arm around her shoulders.
"So you've known..?"
"Known what?"
"That you're like.." Pencil was too embarrassed to say the word out loud.
"Oh, that. yeah."
"Me too." She pulls Match closer. Match lets out a laboured sigh.
"Pence Pence?" Match utters.
"Yes?" She notices how flustered her friend looks.
"Can I kiss you?" Match curls her knees up to her chest. Pencil looks down at her, but she is too bashful to look back. "Ugh Omg.. what am I even saying I am so sorry." Pencil grabs Match by the head and pulls her up to her. Their eyes lock. "I-" she closes her mouth and makes a muffled noise.
--
Hi." X pokes Four between their eyes. "Get uuuup! We have to.. do the thing! Ya know.. the.. competition thing!" Four makes a sleepy screech noise from the back of their throat.
"I don't waana."
"Foooour! Come on! You slept plenty. You don't even need sleep! You aren't tired!" Four goes from laying to standing in one fluid, inhuman, motion.
"Fine." X perks up and smiles.
"Yaay! What's the competition gonna be today?  X tugs on Fours arm to get them out of the bedroom. They are steadier than X thought. 
"Hmmgmm? Oh. Ion kno." X lets go and rolls their eyes. They stand right in front of Four and furrow their face. X is not as intimidating as they think they are.
"You've had like... two weeks to plan this."
"Don't bring them up." Four scowls faintly.
"Right... sorry." X's expression changes, they aren't good at hiding their emotions. "But... anyway, we still need a challenge! Everyone will be awake soon."
"Tell them I am sick. No challenge today." Four groans. X looks back up at them.
"You can't even get sick!"
"They don't know that."
"Yeah.. I guess so." They pause. "Well then... I'll go deal with everyone! You get some rest, to feel better" They wink. Four smiles and lays back down in the same way they stood.
"You got it, babe." X, almost out the door, freezes. Four notices, so they speak: "Oh calm down, I'm joking!" X relaxes their posture and scurries out the door without looking back. Damn. Four looks up at the ceiling and shuts their eyes.

--

"Shut up." Pencil grinned.  She reaches out and pulls Match onto her. She doesn't resist. Their lips touch for only a moment when Match pushes herself away. "Did I-"
"I like, really, really like you, Pencil." She throws herself back against her friend. Pencil is taken aback, too shocked to close her eyes. Match opens her eyes for a second, and they meet, causing both of their hearts to skip a beat.
What is this feeling? My stomach, my heart.. I mean, this is my first kiss. And its.. with a girl. A girl I think I love. Yeah. The girl I love. That's the feeling. Pencil opens her eyes again. Goddamn, she really is gorgeous.
They both fall and lay on their backs, staring up into the blue void. Their breathing is laboured, like they both were holding their breaths. Match reaches over and puts her hand on Pencils, tapping her fingers on hers.
"We just made out inside of a number."
"Yeah."