Chapter 3: hard choice

Josie's POV:

We were all waiting out the front of the school to board the buses. It was almost 6:30 am, we had to get here early so that we can arrive at the camp before lunch.

We boarded the bus and I sat next to Penelope, Lizzie next to Mg and Rafael and Caleb next to each other. It took just over four hours to arrive, we got there just before 11 am.

"Okay everyone so come and get your key to your cabin. You can all head there and unpack or walk around and check the place out, just make sure everyone meets at over there for lunch." Ms. Forbes said pointing to a large building which must be the cafeteria.

We all lined up to get our keys to our cabin.

"What cabin are you in?" Lizzie asked me.

"Number 19, you?" I said while showing her my key's number.

"13, What about you Ralf?" She asked Rafael as he sighed.

"Number 17..."

"You're close to me Ralf." I said trying to cheer him up a bit. He wasn't as excited for this week as us. He would rather be home building something. He put on a small smile.

I got to my cabin and Hope wasn't here yet. Hopefully, I can quickly just put my stuff in here before she arrives. I'll unpack later. I walked inside and checked the cabin out. They weren't very big. It was just one room, there was a single bed on opposite sides of the wall, a small set of drawers at the end of each bed and a lamp placed at the side of the beds.

How is all my stuff going to fit in that, I wondered. At least there were two separate toilet/shower blocks placed in the center of all the cabins. I wish that the cabin had a bathroom I didn't want to shower in some block.

I quickly placed my bag just inside the door. I'll let Hope choose a bed, gotta stay on her good side remembers. As soon as I went to leave Hope entered.

"Oh, you're already here Josie." She said placing her bag on the ground next to mine.

"Which bed is yours?" She asked.

"I don't mind, you can choose."

"Hard choice." She laughed.

"Left or right, they both the same." I chuckled.

"Yea they are."

"Well, I'll take this one it looks way better." She laughed and sat on the bed, looking up at me. She doesn't seem to bad, maybe we might get along.

"Well I'm going to look around, I'll see you later." I went to leave.

"You're not unpacking?" She asked. I turned around to face her.

"You know you won't want to do it later."

"Maybe, but I want to check the place put before lunch." I really just didn't know what to talk to her about if I was to stay.

"Okay then, see ya." I then left and headed to Rafael's cabin.

"Hey Ralf, you want to come and check the place put with me?" I asked after I arrived at his cabin.

"Yes, please." He seemed in more of a hurry to leave his cabin than me.

We then headed towards where Lizzie's cabin was.

"Jed would not stop talking about how excited he is to be here. He's driving me crazy already. I won't last a week." I laughed.

"You'll be alright, he's not in our activity group is he?"