four | pleasant surprise

I never thought this is how I'd come to meet you, full of misunderstandings and accidents.. that's still not my fault though.

You came and unnoticibly messed up my already weird life.

― ❀ ―

Nene woke up to a beautiful morning.

The sun was slowly rising up, cherry pink and lavender were the hue of the clouds. The sky's view was heart-stopping, such a beautiful morning it was indeed.

The leaves of the plants dripped water from it's edges, the sunlight creeping slowly coming from the curtains. It caused our dear heroine to awaken her conciousness.

Nene's eyes fluttered open, automatically standing up. Rubbing her eyes and yawning, she woke up to her own accord. Blinking, stretching her joints and also the upper half of her body to feel refreshed.

When Nene realized it was the first day of school, she smiled. She felt like getting up like this everyday, looking forward to a sightly morning where she can hear the humming of birds beyond the windows.

Until she turned to look at her alarm clock.

Her pleasant expression slowly began to morph into horror, as she came to realize how wrong she was to think she woke up so early.

Classes start at 8:00.

It's 8:30.

When she thought things would even go better for her today, congratulations, it got worse.

She speedily ran to the bathroom and took a quick bath. Hurrying up next was fixing her appearance then putting her hair up into two ties. Nene got no time to eat, instead, she just went ahead and grabbed a sandwich prepared for her before letting her mother know and ran outside. An unusual choice but, she's thirty minutes late ― who could blame her?

Nene's mother thought she heard something in the kitchen, probably her daughter. "Hey, I've set your― " She cut herself off, seeing as her daughter's figure was no longer there at all. Nene's previous actions left her in disarray.

Opening the door in a flash, the sun rose up to her and shone above, the blinding light guided her way. Nene started to pick up her pace, sprinting. She got too caught in the moment and saw the small gates approaching, calculating that it would take long to open, so she did the next best thing she thought to do.

Nene jumped.

The girl propped herself upwards, in a speed that she, herself began to get concerned. Nene could only look forward, her heartbeat getting faster by second. It was literally pounding in her chest due to her unpredictable actions. After a quick recap of what she did, Yashiro noticed that she's on dry land and landed on.. like a person (?) or something but she payed less attention to it; more attention in rushing to school.

"Eh― Ah, sorry!" Apologizing nevertheless while taking a quick glance at who or what it was.

Two identical faces? Or was Nene's eyesight getting blurry? Her mind must be playing tricks on her. There are more important matters than that though. Like going to school first because there's only 15 minutes left.

But since her mind was too focused on the fact she was late for the first day of school ― just like those cliché fanfics she had wrote about few years ago ― that her mind solely focused on the current situation. To be honest, she's actually planning to be like Aoi; starting with fixing her reputation first.