Her Name is Calliope

"That sounds like something..from a movie..I would have never even guessed you went through something like that Cece." It's unbelievable to me every day of my life. I didn't think I'd ever be close enough to anyone outside of my family to tell

I suppose it was bound to expose itself eventually

I snort. A  nervous chill makes talking about it further more difficult "You weren't supposed to really, It may sound fucked up but it's been easier to lie than digging through years of an existence you're not even sure of." Jessie nodded in understanding. "Yeah I feel you definitely"

Not gonna lie, It felt great to get it off my chest to someone. Even if that person someone I was in a weird conflict with like Jessie.

Of course my parents knew how I felt but there is only so much you can tell your parents

"But doesn't that bother you? Like, how could you want to move on from what that was? What if you had like super powers or something. And whoever shorty was is one of your long term nemisis" Jessie jokes as usual. Chuckling at the stupidity of his own humor. But I didn't find it to be particularly funny  

It felt like he was diluting how I was feeling. How serious this was. I hated being treated like a joke.

"Well If it was me-"

"But it's not you! It's not something I can just ask someone to explain to me Jessie! Don't you think that if it was that easy my parents would have already told me? God.." I snapped. It wasn't his fault, I was just a little frustrated. 

"I'm sorry. That girl, she knew me I mean- the me from that time. I'm sure of it. I had never met her in the years before my accident or anytime after. And yet nothing about who she is was ever discussed between my parents and I. I've known for a while that they're keeping shit from me but I've never been brave enough to ask."

Jessie shuffles his hands out of his pockets, opening his arms wide. Inviting me "My bad Cee, I was just tryna get you to smile."

The entire situation gave me a serious migraine but I couldn't deny the comfort I desperately needed. I quickly rush into Jessies embrace. Letting the sweet smell of his oceanic cologne ease me, hugging Jessie and knowing he was there made me feel less alone than I had ever been since waking up.

"I'm sorry.." But the words were muffled

"What was that?"

I turn slightly now being cradled in his arms, looking up at his gorgeous face scattered in worry for me.

"I'm sorry"

Jessie simply begins to smile. I felt 20 pounds lighter that I not only was able to tell Jessie but that he believed every word I said. Every turn around and mild inconsistency I replayed he genuinely accepted without question. Not even complaining about my outburst, but rather sincerely apologizing without a flaw.

"Are you sorry for not telling me all of this before or sorry for rejecting me? 'Cause that second one I'm gonna have to ignore. No matter how cute you look today.."

Oh shit that's right. I quickly detach myself from Jessie and straighten myself out, brushing hair behind the ears and pulling down my skirt.

"Before all of that..happened, I actually came to apologize to you about before. I don't know if you've noticed this about me-

"Oh trust me" Jessie manages to cut me off "I notice a lot about you Calliope" I suck in my bottom lip to stop the smile from showing. I'm trying to be serious but if it were a sin to be overly flirtacious, Jessie Jeremiahs would be on a shiny first class seat to Hell.