You do talk

{Catrina's POV}

Emmett has been gone the past 4 days. It's finally Monday again. I really scared him off, somehow. Because although he deserved it, I shouldn't have snapped at him. He could've just been having a bad day. I got changed, beginning my walk to school.

I wore a jean jacket, I didn't know what the dress code was and I didn't need to be shot down for having my shoulders out

The entire day, I waited and waited for my class with Emmett. Although History wasn't my favorite, I was itching to apologize to Emmett. I would've at lunch, but I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of his entire family.

History finally came, and I took a seat next to him. "I'm sorry for snapping at you the other day. I should've taken into account that maybe you were having a bad day." I looked up to meet his eyes after the apology. He was staring at me, his eyes no longer jet black, but a golden amber color.

He didn't say anything. I slumped in my chair. I didn't want anyone to hate me. "I didn't get a chance to introduce myself. I'm Emmett Cullen."

"Oh, you do talk," I joked, he blankly stared at me, "that wasn't meant to be rude, I'm sorry." He shook his head. "I should be the one apologizing. I was rude on your first day here." He said. His voice made my knees weak. "It's alright." I murmured.

"You're really good." He said, glancing at my artwork. I blushed. "Oh, it's nothing." I said, quietly. "You look good today." I mentally face palmed. You look good today? Really Catrina? What the hell's wrong with you?

"Thank you, you look rather cute." I looked up quickly, his eyes scanning over my outfit. "Oh, uh- thank you- sorry, I'm stuttering." I said. "No need to apologize." His voice was smooth as silk. He smiled at me, causing me to smile in return.

"I was worried that you hated me." I mumbled. He shook his head. "There is no reason to hate you." He assured. I let out a breath of relief. "I didn't want anybody to hate me." I said back, more confident. A loud crack of thunder sounded throughout the school.

"Oh that's great. Thanks. Fan-fucking-tastic." I groaned, looking out the window, to see it pouring. It looked fine this morning. I pouted out at the weather. "Why the pout?" Emmett asked. I looked back at him. "I have to walk home in the rain." I said, folding my arms on the table, resting my head on top of them.

"I don't even have a damn hood on my jacket." I grumbled, mainly talking to myself. I saw Emmett reach down, "Take it. You need it more than I do." I looked up at him, and shook my head.

"Really, Emmett it's fine." I said, pushing his jacket towards him. "I have a car ride home. You don't. Just take the jacket. We don't need you catching a cold." He said, putting it in my hands. "Thank you, I'll give it back to you tomorrow." I said, putting the coat in my lap.