I'm in Danger

{Emmett's POV}

All of a sudden she pulled away from me, stumbling back. "Y-You're- heart-" I stood frozen. Too frozen. In no way did I appear human to her anymore. "Emmett.. what the fuck are you?" She asked, looking at the ground.

She deserved the truth she couldn't be told. "I can't tell you." She shot me a glare. Her eyes, the light green, with hints of blue and gold. I could see it all. "It's better if we aren't friends Catrina-"

"Don't you fucking dare give me that shit. You wanna know what crazy about all of this? Is that you're the biggest dickhead the first day. And then today you're the fucking sweetest. But next thing you know, you're pushing me away. Which is it Emmett?"

The way she said my name, I wanted to hear her say on repeat. "It's not that I don't want to, it's that it's not safe for you. I'm not the hero Catrina. I'm far from it." She stared back at me. "I don't believe that Emmett. Just because you are meant to be the villain doesn't mean you are."

"Just, keep your distance. Please." I said, I was trying to be harsh. Trying to make her hate me. She took my jacket off, shoving it towards me. "Fine. Forget I ever muttered a word to you." Her voice was harsh, but I could hear the pain in it. Although I wanted her to hate me, I wanted her to love me.

"I'm sorry." I said quietly. "Are you fucking bipolar?" She yelled. I was ready to speak again. But I couldn't. I just walked away, at the quickest pace a human could.

{Catrina's POV}

I take it back. I take it all back. Fuck his parents. Fuck him. And not in the good way. I slammed the front door shut. Running up the stairs, I went to my room. What the hell was he? His heart didn't beat, he was fucking freezing... I didn't feel his breath when he hugged me. I was quick to do research.

'The cold ones.'

I furrowed my eyebrows. That was what the paper on top of my desk said. I hadn't had anything on my desk this morning. I looked around my room. Everything else was untouched. I picked up the paper.

What are the Cullens?

- no heartbeat
- don't eat
- don't breathe around certain warm BLOODED people
- super speed
- inhuman strength
- no human food
- no sleep
- hunt
- always cold

The Cullen family are _____

Blood. Cold. No heartbeat. That's impossible. Vampires don't fucking exist. "It's better if we aren't friends" Emmett has said. He was meant to play the villain. The Cullens are vampires. Edward, Alice, Jasper, Rosalie.... Emmett, they're vampires.

I needed to talk to Emmett. I needed him to know that I know. The next day came slower than anything.