Chapter 09🐺

I had a dream about my mother last night which left my bed wet with sweat and me all sweaty and teary-eyed. Ever since she passed I feel like I was just surviving till I met Liam he seems to be a great distraction and I feel safe around him. I'm still so confused about this werewolf thing what I know so far from what Liam explained to me last night is wolfrite is a gene in werewolves that make them lose control more than other werewolves that have just started transitioning. What else did he say? The transiting on a full moon occurs till the descent of the moon and you become a werewolf from a bite or from genes past through family.

I'm all ready for school and have my bag in my hand as I hop in Liam's Silverado, something wasn't feeling right I didn't want to go to school today, I want to do something I haven't been able to do for a very long time. I open the door and unbuckle my seatbelt.

"You forget something?"

"No, I'm not going to go to school today going to do something else".

"Close the door tell me where you want to go, adventurer".

"But you need to go to school".

"So do you but rather be with you, directions please", Liam looks at me smiling.

"Down here and then take a left".

We arrive very shortly to a small corner flower shop.

"Stop here please"

Liam gets the message and takes a park outside the shop.

We both go inside and I see the flower shop owner a tear is about to full down my eye.

"Gosh Malia I haven't seen you in a bit", the flower shop open said surprised to see me again.

"Hi, Peter yeah it's been- hard".

"The same order?".

"Yes please".

Peter returns shortly with a bouquet of mum's favourite roses, she always admired Brooke's mothers garden due to all the English roses they have planted outside. I pay for the roses and before I know it were back on the road.
~
We arrive. I haven't been here for a while. At the start, I feel like it was helping but soon every week coming it just made it more obvious that she will never be here again the way I want her to be and all I know I could literally just be talking to a dirt patch. I know Dad's been here a few times to see Mum when I haven't been up to it which I think is nice as at least Dad's seeing her and not making me entirely guilty that no one is.

I open the graveyard gate and Liam follows me inside. Since it's been a while I did circle around twice but I eventually found it.

Chloe Martinez

Proud Mother and Wife

The headstone plaque reads.

I crouch down and place the bouquet of roses on her grave and pull a few weeds that started to grow around the headstone. I look up at Liam and he has a shocked and saddened expression on his face.

"I'll give you sometime I'll be in the car waiting".

Liam goes over and whispers something while touching the gravestone I think it was Rest In Peace or paying his respects.

Before I know it, it's just me and my mother I start blurting out the weirdest of things.

"Hi, mum, sorry I haven't seen you in a while this whole thing just has been really hard. I don't want to make you feel bad but I feel like I haven't been living my best life while you've been gone. I feel like I've lost myself and I don't think I'll ever have closure till I find out how you passed away so then I can finally come to terms with this I hope so anyway. If anything I miss your advice, it's the only thing that kept me going in the darkest of days not that there were many when you were here, most of all I miss just having my mum here." I start balling my eyes as I place her roses down.

"Sorry Mum, I'll see you soon", I touch her headstone and begin to walk away. I wanted to say more but it was way harder than I thought it was going to be. Liam climbs out of his car and walks up to me as I walks up to him.

Once we get close enough he hugs me and whispers "You're brave", I didn't know I needed it till it happened but his support meant a lot more than I could ever tell him.

"No I'm not but I figured what I'm going to do". I say hugging back.

"And what's that?"

"Find out who and what killed my mother, I won't stop till I do", I say it with such urgency. This is how I'll be able to get closure, I was thinking it the whole walk back to Liam and still think it now. I feel Liam shake between me like he was nervous with what I was about to do. I have questions and I know where to start, I'll retrace my mother's steps of her final day up to her final hour.

 I have questions and I know where to start, I'll retrace my mother's steps of her final day up to her final hour