Outer Banks

River's Point Of View:
We watched the videos for awhile. Flame didn't seem to mind me putting my head on her shoulder. I'm totally in love with her. I slowly felt a hand go around my back. The hand touched my shoulder. It was Flame's. She pulled me in close. I assumed she thought we were really good friends. If she thought that, I don't know what I'd do. I hope we get to stay in a cabin together at least. There's a campsite on the beach where we're gonna be staying. She then looked at me and I started making funny, harmless faces at her as my face was smushed between her shoulder and arm. She started to laugh. I started to feel a little sleepy, until...

I woke up to Flame playing with my hair with my head in her lap. It was fair now. I pretended to still be asleep because her hand massaging my head felt magnificent. I feel like the actions of Flame were and are more sexual than really good friends. I didn't really care though. I'm just enjoy being a kid because I only have two more years. I heard her whisper:

"I love you River."

My heart leapt! She really did like me! I didn't want to tell her as well because I was too afraid. I am just gonna have to pretend I never knew. I turned my body around so I my head wasn't facing up, me now facing the seat before us. She still kept playing with my hair. I decided to pretend I was waking up about 5 minutes later. I stretched my arms and looked up at Flame. She looked down at me and smiled. I sat up and collected my books that i had accidentally dropped when i was sleeping.

"You missed the whole trip!" Flame said sarcastically.

We laughed and I checked the time. It was 1:27 pm. We were gonna be there in about 30 to 40 minutes. I looked back at Flame and told her the time.

"It's 1:27 in case you didn't know." I said.

We arrived shortly at the campsite. It pulled up right at the edge of where the sand ended. We grabbed our bags and ran out. I kicked off my shoes and felt the soft, fluffy sand massage my clammy feet. It was almost the end of the school year so the warm air hit my sleepy face. Flame came up behind me and said:

"Race you to the water!"

I sprinted towards Flame, as she was in the lead. I eventually caught up to her and pushed her back, making her fall, but she got back up laughing. My feet then hit the cold, salty water.

"I win! I win!" I yelled.

"No fair! You pushed me!" yelled Flame.

"Sorry." I said afraid I hurt her.

"Naw it's fine! I know you were just play'n!" she said.

"Everyone please come to the fire pit!" yelled a teacher using a megaphone.

Flame's point of view:
We watched the videos on my phone for awhile. River put her head on my shoulder like I did. I started to blush, having a temptation to kiss her. I slowly put my arm around her shoulder pushing her in close. Damn she was so cute. I looked at her and she started to make silly faces at me. I laughed. I loved how funny she was.

After a while she started to look sleepy and passed out on my lap! God I loved it. She was so cute when she slept. And if you think I'm a creep for saying that, you would feel the same as me if River feel asleep in your lap. I plugged in my headphones, so I didn't wake her up. I listened to some music and daydreamed for a bit. At one point she snuggled me in her sleep. I blushed so hard. Luckily we were on the last bus so less people were near us so they wouldn't give us weird looks.

A little later I started carefully playing with her hair. She still seamed to be asleep. I then whispered:

"I love you River."

I started to blush and I looked out the window, still playing with hair. A few minutes later she woke up, stretching her arms out. She looked up at me and I looked back at her, smiling. She then sat up and picked up her books.

"You missed the whole trip!" I said sarcastically to her.

She looked at her watch and said:

It's 1:27 incase you didn't know."

I already knew that. Soon we arrived at the campsite. We grabbed our bags and ran out. River kicked off her shoes and ran. I came up behind her and said:

"Race you to the water!"

I ran up in-front of her, beating her. I kinda felt bad so I slowed down. She came to my side and pushed me out of the way, playfully. I fell but got back up laughing. I knew she didn't mean it.

"I win! I win!" yelled River.

"No fair you pushed me!" I yelled back at her.

"Sorry." She said, looking down.

"Naw it's fine! I know you were just play'n!" I said back to her.

She looked a bit happier.

"Everyone please come to the fire pit!" Yelled a teacher.