Ch 1

❤❤❤This chapter is dedicated to the people who keep open minds and pleasant thoughts and read stories on this site. ❤❤❤*********************************************************************

I didn't do arson, reckless driving, breaking and entering, or reckless endangerment. None of that was my fault or my idea. I wasn't the only one drinking that night. Yet here I was, Reed Redfield found guilty of all charges. I knew I shouldn't react when that group of humans found me sitting on the stairs to my dorm. They were smug and rude; they invited me to hang out with them as a joke. I should have stayed away, but I already had a few drinks and was tired of their attitudes. I will admit that I summoned the fairies when the humans said they didn't believe in magic. No one can argue about magic being authentic with a fairy in front of them. They should have believed me. No one died, and after they tried the Pixi pollen juice, everyone had a great time until it wore off. How was I supposed to know that it affected humans differently than witches? I had never met a human until this year.

It was crazy; the humans drove their car into the walls of a building after crashing through the gates of a quarry. That is where the reckless driving and breaking and entering came from. They then set fire to the car and, I guess, the building since the front end of the car was embedded in it. After that, they were diving into the water at the bottom. That is where we were when officials arrived. The police stated it was a miracle no one died. There were six of us running wild that night. Only three humans broke the law; they were tried and arrested. The other two humans and I were assigned community service.

I thought my dad would handle it, or the school would make it all disappear. Still, they believed that if I 'liked humans so much, I could spend the summer with them.' I pleaded with my father to get me out of this. I begged until my father said the one thing that would shut me up on the subject forever.

"You know," he turned to me with rage in his eyes, "none of this behavior surprises me. You put humans in danger. You beg for others to deal with your actions. It is the exact thing I would expect from someone who has never thought anything through a day in his life. Is that the man you want to be?" I didn't answer my father that day. We had never gotten along. But the disgust on his face as he turned away from my silence shut me up on the subject for good. I stood in the dark hall staring at the crack of light coming from under his door for longer than I would like to admit. It was decided that I would stay with him since my cousin married a human and lived in the human world. His family lived in the human world instead of in one of the witches' pocket universes. Living among humans and being one of them was terrifying and intriguing.

Here I am, leaving Redfield Manor. I watch my father talk to (St. Jeremy), my cousin. Honestly, I already hate this. The old brick mansion rose behind me. I had the white stone front patio and stairs that made the house look like a government building. Right behind me, we all stood next to the fields and gardens surrounding the estate. Usually, my father doesn't enjoy being out here because of the pollen from the flowers. The delicious aromas are pleasant in the heat of the summer. I bring my eye to my father, watching his frame. Everyone says I look like my father with my bright red hair, bright blue eyes, and tall height, but I don't see it. My father has a stern brow, and his mouth is a line, whereas I know how to smile. And then there was Jeremy. He has always been the standard to which all the Redfield kids are compared. He had the best grades. He also had extracurriculars, an innovative major, a good job, and a beautiful wife. His wife is the only thing people have a problem with since she is human and can't live in our world. Of course, he married for love. So, they forgave him. They are still a shining beacon of what a Redfield should be. And I have to live with him.

"I can't believe our father is sending you away. You got home. You'd think he would want to spend time together," Ruby said from behind me. Surprised, I turned to look at her, which caused me to break my glare at Jeremy and my father. My father wanted to spend time with me—now that was a joke. Thinking about it caused my mouth to quirk in a sly smile. What would we even do together?