{chapter 29}

the trained stopped shortly after 45 minutes.

my destination was a 15 minute walk, the place surrounding me seemed quiet and peaceful.

it was like a small village, hills surrounding everywhere, cherry blossom petals falling onto the ground.

as i was waking past another hill, i noticed a staircase, a waterfall running down both sides.

a flat platform made of stone, beautiful trees and flowers surrounding the area, it must've been my destination.

i grew impatient and started running, i ran up the stairs and almost tripped.

as i reached the top of the stairs, i noticed people on the other side with their back turned.

i squint my eyes trying to figure out who it was, it was probably the hero interning for me.

i start walking toward them, their figure growing bigger and bigger.

as soon as i approach them, i was hesitant to speak to them.

i tap a old man on his shoulder, he turns around in response.

"are you guys the shinobi vines?" i ask.

the old man smiles as the other people in robes turn around.

"we've been waiting for your arrival y/n" he says still smiling.

"nice to meet you sir." i say putting my hand out to shake.

"nice to meet you too, finally." he says shaking my hand and putting the other on top.

finally?

"you look just like her." an old lady says smiling.

i chuckled, "who's her." i asked in confusion.

"your mom."

my facial expression fades, i was no longer smiling.

i grew uncomfortable, i didnt feel safe in the suburban area anymore.

"ah yes, of course you are confused, we have a lot to discuss." the old man says as he walks away.

i turn to see other people follow along with him, their ages all ranged from 10-35.

i ended up walking into a vintage house, plants surrounding everywhere, the smell of tea filling the area.

"would you like a drink dear? we have pink lemonade." he says smiling with his eyes closed.

i was on high alert now, they knew a lot about me for someone who i had just met.

the old man places the glass filled with pink lemonade on the opposite side of the table as he sips his green tea.

i quietly sit down and hold the glass in my hand.

"where shall i start, let's start with your family." he says.

"HA! and how would you know anything about my personal life, even i don't know batshit of who i'm related to." i say obnoxiously.

"there goes that attitude of yours, it clearly runs in the l/n blood." he says slightly shaking his head.

i scoff, this man sounded stupid.

"come on, i'm growing impatient, since you know soooo much about my family, just say it." i say furrowing my eyebrows.

he clears his throat before speaking up.

"i'm your grandfather." he says sternly.

i had the glass close to my lips, but as soon as those words left his mouth i froze.