Chapter 7: Gotta get out

It's been a full week and a half since it happened. Masq's ribs have barely improved, his back hurts like all hell, and his cheek has aggravating stitches that would be so satisfyingly painful to scratch off. At least he's away from any immediate danger...hopefully. The room could be better.

Before Masq could think another thought, a doctor came to check up on him.

"How are you feeling?" He says.

Masqueraze tries to sit up,but the doctor stops him from doing. He sighs.

"If I'm going to be honest, I feel suffocated." He grunts as he holds his waist.

The doctor gains a concerned face. "I'll get a painkiller, but as I do, you have a visitor."

Typical. For the past week people that know about him and his life have been swarming his hospital room to see as if he was some sort of celebrity. Even though...he is one.

The door opens.

A medium sized woman, in a baggy purple cat hoodie, and black ripped jeans walked in the door. Her long black hair flowed beside the sides of her giant mask, which was painted to look like a cat face.

It was Velvé, Masq's girlfriend.

Behind her was Chuck, stern yet concerned.

Before Masqueraze could say anything, Velvé slightly lifted up her mask to speak and sprinted toward Masq to hug him.

"Masq! Are you ok? What happened to you!?"

As much as Masqueraze wanted to sugarcoat his answer to her, he has to be honest.

"If I'm gonna be honest, I'm not doing that grea-"

Before Masqueraze could finish his sentence, Goldity enters through the doorway, bird mask and all.

Masq freezes, he starts to breathe quicker, his heart rate monitor beeps faster and faster, he wants to escape, he wants to leave. Vel notices Masq's panic attack and gets worried.

"Masq, what's the matter? Did something happen? Should we call a doctor?"

She gently hugs him to comfort him. As comforting as it is, it's no use. His chest hurts like a b****, but he doesn't care, he's gotta get out.

Gotta get out

Gotta get out

Gotta get out

Gotta get out

Gotta. Get. Out.

As Chuck rushes out of the room to get a medic, Goldity stares at Masqueraze, making Masq panic more and more. Velvé is trying her best to keep him in his place, but he's too strong. After a couple minutes of havoc, a team of medics burst in, yank Vel off of Masq and try to give him meds to calm him down. As Vel, watches in shock, she turns to Goldity.

He's gone.