106-107-108

Chapter 106 Enmity Between Brothers

Just a moment after sitting down, a girl with a slender neck full of layers of metal rings came over with a plate. After greeting me politely in Thai, she started fiddling with the tea set on the table.

This was a girl from long-necked family. It was the first time I've ever seen one, but when I asked, it turned out to be Mingqiang Du's servant.

In a short while, she brewed a bowl of light green tea and respectfully poured me a cup.

I took a cup of tea and smelled it. It was aromatic. After I took a sip, my mouth was filled with a sweet aftertaste.

I did not know the tea very well. However a few years ago, when I ran business, I often drank, and also often sent it to customers so I kind of loved tea.

I hadn't drunk it in the past few years since I was in prison.

This time, it was rare to have such a nice environment, so quiet and gentle a girl to help make tea, I felt relaxed. I savored the taste of the tea while I quietly watched the situation in the pavilion.

About ten or so minutes later, those few people came out of the pavilion and walked towards me. The people who walked ahead was Mingqiang, and alongside him was a man with a similar build and appearance, but younger than him. He looks about thirty.

As I approached, the man purposely looked at me and then acted as if he didn't see me.

Mingqiang smiled and waved at me, saying, "Tom, sorry to keep you waiting."

I smiled, "It's okay."

"

Mingqiang walked up the corridor, then stopped. He said in Chinese to several people, including the man who looked similar to him, "Guys, sorry, I have guests so I won't see you off."

"You don't need to see us off. You have better consider what I just proposed." The man continued to walk and several people next to him followed.

"I'll think about it. Yue, see the guests off for me."

Mingqiang said smilingly, then lifted his foot and walked next to me. He pulled a chair over and sat down.

When those people had walked away, leaving me in the cloister with Mingqiang and the girl who was still making tea, I couldn't help but ask, "Was that your brother just now?"

Mingqiang didn't rush to answer, pulling out a cigarette of some unknown brand and handing it to me. He lighted one cigarette for himself and took a deep breath before he shook his head and smiled inexplicably, "Well, his name is Minghao Du, and he wants me dead."

Even though I was curious, I didn't ask further because I knew I shouldn't ask about these things and should not be a part of them.

Mingqiang swept around the huge garden, sighed and said, "As you can see, this family business is huge, which created by my father for decades. He passed it down to me. However, he has just gone for less than a month and Minghao forced me to hand over the business my father left behind."

Speaking at that point, Mingqiang smoke and continued, " Tom, do you know why I'm in jail?"

"I don't know. I was once curious why you would want to do something like that yourself because you have people under you." I shook my head and took a sip from my teacup.

"All was owed to my own brother."

The long-necked girl made a fresh brew of tea and poured him a cup. After Mingqiang took a sip of it, he told me about his affair with Minghao in front of her.