Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Fiora woke with a start, water was being dribbled down the side of her face. Sputtering as it hit her eyes she tried to turn her face away but someone grabbed it. 

“Drink.” They commanded roughly. 

She opened her mouth and the water dripped in slowly, there was no longer any light in the cell and all she could sense was a presences next to her. Vaguely she heard sloshing around the her right and she heard hands twisting above her. The person must be using a cloth to drip water into her mouth. It was maddening, her throat was so parched and the tiny drips were not enough to quench her. 

The person stopped and began to walk away “Please...who are you? Can you help me?” There was no answer and shortly after she heard a the large barred door to her cell shut. 

Fiora fell asleep on and off, she had no idea how many days she had spent there and she was exhausted from hunger. She gleamed she would be starved to death and as the day progressed she began wishing for death. 

Her muscles were screaming at her to move but she had no strength and the bindings were far too tight. She would wiggle her toes occasionally and clench her fist just to feel movement.

The injuries she had were dirty and the longer she stayed in that dank room, the more she risked infection. She wondered lazily which would claim her first, starvation or the infection. Her energy was drained, she tried calling out to the mysterious woman again and again but she no longer answered.

Bitterly Fiora realized that no one would miss her, her parents were dead and she was close to no one else. Sadly her thoughts brushed up against Rafael, he had rejected her so cruelly he would not even miss her when she’s gone. 

She was growing tired again, unsure if she would sleep or fall unconscious. In the last moments before her eyelids fell she thought of the kiss she shared with Rafael. He had toyed with her body, forcing her to respond with the same passion.

...Although the man was her parents murders, she was very much attracted to him. She could no longer lie to herself, she actually cared for the man who killed her parents. 

“Maybe I will pass away in my sleep.” Fiora thought optimistically.

As sleep overtook her weary sick body one final thought sounded in brain...

“I just wish I could kiss him one last time.”