Uniting the Arabian Peninsula

At the age of 58 Sultan Akin passed away after a lifetime of accomplishments and glory. Sultan Abdullah stepped up to his father's throne and vowed to unite the Arabian peninsula under house Zabid.

Subjugating Sanaa and the Hashimids

As a de jure emirate within the Sultanate of Arabia, all of the Emirate of Sanaa can be subjugated and brought in under House Zabid. This completes the unity in the south so that Sultan Abdullah can focus on expanding into the emirates in the north. With no shortage of men nor money, Abdullah starts on his path of war across the Arabian peninsula. Abdullah's reign was short and during the war over Sanaa in 1261, he died unexpectedly from the slow fever leaving his son Abdul in charge in a time of war. 

The Emir of the neighbouring Emirate of Arabia started plotting to fabricate a claim for the sultanate of Arabia. This is very dangerous, especially that it is supported by several high profile members of Sultan Abdul's court. The Emir of Arabia is the final roadblock in uniting the whole peninsula under House Zabid's rule so maybe this is good.

The Hashimids were finally subjugated and stripped off their title on Halaban and with that ended a long and independent rule for the Hashimids. Sultan Abdul can now focus on the Emirate of Arabia and with that unite the peninsula.

Uniting Arabia

In a unexpected turn of events, the Caliph transferred the vassalge of the Emir of Arabia to Sultan Abdul. Sultan Abdul went ahead to revoke the main title of the Emirate of Arabia, however the Emir Jibril the 3rd decided to defend his title. After a short war, Jibril was imprisoned and all his Emirate titles revoked. He will rot in jail for the remainder of his days. The northern emirates were then distributed to new rulers and friends. Two Sheikhdoms now remain outside of the realm of Sultan Abdul; Mecca which the Caliph has earlier retracted from him, and the northern most province of Rafha. Abdul sends his vassal the Emir of Arabia to invade Rafha and bring it within the realms of the Sultan.

In October 1279, Sultan Abdul of House Zabid succeeded in uniting the Arabian Peninsula under his family's name. House Zabid came from the shores of the poor province of Dhu Zabi and through the perseverence of it's family members across 17 generations built up a powerful kingdom within the Arabian Empire. As of 1279 AD, Sultan Abdul commanded 45,000 men, roughly 40% of the total men available to the Caliphate and ruled over 162 holdings across the peninsula and the Arabian Empire.

From here, who knows were House Zabid will go, they could challenge for the Caliphate, declare their independence, or continue to expand their influence across the empire.

-- I hope you enjoyed this story, please leave some comments with your thoughts on this style of game driven stories. It was fun writing it, especially since I didn't even know where the story would go --