Chapter 9: Midnight Runners

I met Johann that evening. And my heart felt strangely broken beyond repair. I stared at him long enough so I could remember. I didn't utter a single word. Nothing mattered at that moment.

He stood there patiently as he pacifes a crying Europe. I was once on her stead. He always calmed my storms in a way that no one else can.

My heart crippled. I am at the verge of crying as unfathomable emotions welled up within me - so I ran away.

I bitterly laughed.

I took another sip of the vodka that I am drinking as my eyes wander at what's in front of me. The sea mirrored the moon's beauty as the waves gently crawled to the shore. And loneliness slowly creeped on me.

"Miss Dela Fuente, a parcel came for you." I turned to the person who just talked and he handed me a golden box.

I opened it freely. And my smile vanished the moment I saw what's inside.

I clenched my fist.

My phone beeped and my blood boiled at the sight the sight of it.

I scoffed. I grabbed my phone tightly and I headed straight to his room.

Every step I took felt heavy. Anger was seething through my system.

I reached the floor where he's at but I gasped when someone grabbed me and covered my mouth. My insides frenzied.

I panicked more when he tried to pin at the wall as he shushed me. I got a glimpse of him. And for the first time, I felt relieved at the sight of Dashiel.

But he was too close for comfort.

"What's going on?" I asked and he looked at me while grinning. He was chuckling silently.

"We have been found." He stated and I froze. I've seen this coming.

I stood there mindlessly. The moment she succeeded on taking me back, that'll be the end of me.

I was lost in thoughts and I can only remember Dashiel pulling me the whole time.

"Kreyon!" I snapped out of my thoughts when Dashiel called me.

I was panting and I was drenched in sweat.

He handed me a shirt and I immediately took it. I was soaking wet. Dali dali kong hinubad ang aking blusa at saka ito sinuot. I did it on impulse. I always do things on impulse.

I heard him choke.

"Wow, Kreyon. Didn't peg you as a wild one." Pang aasar niya, umirap na lang ako.

He handed me a bottled water that's already been opened and I couldn't care less.

I was too thirsty.

Napasandal ako sa dingding. It didn't help that I was busy drinking before this whole shebang. My head was aching. I really should stop drinking at night.

"Where were we?" I asked and he only gave me a boyish smile.

"Somewhere." He said and I bitterly laughed.

I took the pictures out of my pocket and I threw it directly at him.

"Care to explain?" I said out of frustration.

He calmly looked at it and instead of giving me an answer, he seemed fascinated.

"Hmm, passionate." He commented as he collected the pictures. He held them and he looked at me while grinning.

Those pictures were too intimate, it infuriates the heck out of me.

My eyes wandered around the room. And the bed caught my attention. My eyebrows furrowed, why does it have to be red?

Yes, that red bed was large enough for us but there's no way I'll be sleeping beside him.

I heard him chuckle. "You are too transparent." He said and I didn't have to ask why. I averted my eyes somewhere.

"I'll sleep on the bed." Saad niya at saka dali daling humiga sa kama.

I sighed. I saw that coming. Nonetheless, nakakainis pa rin!

He was comfortably lying on the bed with his eyes closed and still smirking.

I went straight to the bed. If he wants the bed that doesn't mean I'd just back off. I think I deserve it too after all the running. I asked him to scoot but instead he started occupying everything.

I told him a couple of times but he still won't so I shamelessly pushed him using my left foot. He rolled but to my surprise he grabbed my foot. My eyes widened more when he started pulling me.

"Let go of me." I said but he just kept on grinning.

I looked at him intently and my head started spinning.

"Stop playing with me." I stated and his hands slid past my calf.

"I wasn't playing with you yet." He blatantly stated.

My cheeks burned at his boldness.

He was still holding me and my legs were already starting to throb.

"Masakit na." I hissed and his grin grew bigger. I think he was too fascinated by this conversation that he refuses it to end.

"Mas may sasakit pa dyan." Dagdag pa nito.

He was already massaging my calf and that sent shivers down my spine. It didn't help that there's alcohol in my system. I think my body is reacting to him.

"Dashiel!" I shouted when his hand traveled higher.

I was looking at him in disbelief. And he was just grinning the whole time. He was testing the waters. He was.

"Yes, Kreyon?" Dagdag pa nito.

I tried to grab my leg back but he didn't let me. He continued to caress it and I wished he'd stop soon.

"Dashiel." I muttered but he started closing in on me. His was grinning playfully. And I can't help but sigh.

"Yes?" He asked and my breathing hitched when he started tracing my clavicle.

I bit my lip.

"You are well aware that I'm drunk and you're still taking your chances." I muttered and he just stared at me. "Drunk or not, you knew what you're doing." He retorted. I chuckled.

"You should keep your hands off me." I said but that didn't stop him.

"Can't keep my hands to myself." He whispered and his hands made its way at the hollow of my back.

I closed my eyes tightly.

Napailing ako. "My body is reacting to you. So stop before something happens." I said and he laughed loudly.

He brushed my cheek gently. "That's the goal, baby."

"I'll see you in court." I said and his lip twitched. A smirk slowly formed on his lips.

I didn't get to react fast at what he did next but I screamed right after. There must be something wrong with my nervous system.

He boldly put an ice cold bottled water on the hollow of my neck saying,

"Inumin mo yan para mahimasmasan ka." And he walked out the door.