Chapter 3: Lip Locked

I grabbed my hair out of frustration.

Before I left home, I had an argument with my mom.

I got furious at the thought of my mother planning my whole life. Following that clichéd custom without asking for my approval. Trying to figure out if she even cared about what I feel at all.

She was too controlling and it doesn't help that Johann's gone, now all eyes were on me.

Johann was my older brother. The perfect and obedient son. And then one day, he left and he never came back.

What he did marked her first major disappointment. But little by little, I understood why he chose to dissipate like vapor instead.

The moment he set foot out of our lives, mom saw me. I thought it was normal but later on it began to suffocate me. So when that happened, I left too.

It felt like I was finally able to breathe on my own the moment I set foot on this island. I didn't bother calling anyone, trying not to risk my evanescent freedom.

I am not trying to hide nor trying to show up either. I just wanted breathe.

I spent my first days unwinding peacefully but Dashiel ruined all of it.

Nagulat na lang ako ng makita ko siya dito isang araw. Halos mapamura ako sa ngisi niya ng makita ako dito.

I wanted to punch him and throw him back to where he belongs. Pero wala akong magawa kundi iwasan at huwag na lang siyang pansinin.

Del Fierro was my school mate - from Elementary, to High School up until College. Grabe lang na close na close naman ata masyado ang destiny namin. And I didn't like the fact that he's an A+ maniac. He was kind of good at it. The best at it probably.

He's the kind of guy who likes to make out anywhere. He was all over the place. Hindi nakakaligtas ang kahit sino sa kanya. What he wants, he gets. The famous hook ups were Aira Dela Torre, the President of the student body; and Natasha Yap, my professor in Solid Mensuration.

And because I wasn't able to move fast that time, he saw me. And I paid the price of being caught. And that wasn't even intentionally done.

Every time he gets a chance, pinapahiya niya ako. At napapahiya talaga ako! I didn't know what is but I think he was kind of furious that someone caught him. But he get that a lot. So I really don't understand why he's going for me.

So his schemes goes like this.

One time I ate at the cafeteria alone and to avoid sharing the same space with him I decided to scoot as quick as I can. I was silently making my way outside when he shamelessly shouted, "Krey! You're really too hot for a one night stand."

Those words made me visible in the eyes of his harem of girls and his own flock of perverted douches. And I think that is also the reason why Ma'am Natasha leers every time she sees me.

And then there's Chemistry. I loved everything about Chem but having Dash around makes me wanna wish it never existed. And I really really really felt bad.

Dashiel can't be paired up with any girl from the class because Mrs. Valmonte, Dashiel's aunt, our Chemistry teacher knows what he's capable of doing plus girls from the class likes him a lot. Maybe she's afraid that Dash would turn her major into a Biology class instead.

Nonetheless she still needs to pair him up with a she because Dashiel's a jerk.

If Dashiel being paired up with a girl is disturbing, him being paired with a guy is danger.

I know making Dash work alone crossed her mind but unfortunately, this class have an equal number of boys and girls. Like fate wanted someone to be paired with him. And I pity that fateful one.

Until one day, Mrs. Valmonte says she came up with a brilliant idea. And we all waited for it...and I almost dropped that subject when she paired me with him.

She says I'm not into him so it's totally safe...but I am not! But I can't do anything since I am trying to be half of what I am expected to be - an obedient one.

I sat next to him when we were finally assigned. But that didn't take long when he started whispering creepy lines when we're performing experiments.

I always try my very best to swallow the barrage of curse that I was about to throw at him but one word slipped one time. 'Fuck.'

I immediately covered my mouth but I knew I am done for.

The amusement in his eyes tells me that I am surely hopeless. "That was fast. Where?" Saae nito at saka ito ngumisi.

Every time he sees me, he'd ask where? And if I like it hard. He was a piece of shit. And that was proven firsthand.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on my door. I tied my hair in a bun before I opened it.

My brows furrowed when a thick-skinned lunatic unabashedly entered my room.

I crossed my arms. "Why are you here?" Walang-lingon itong dumiretso sa couch. I closed the door and asks him once again. But instead of answering he started scanning me from head to foot. And I am only wearing a short shorts and a loose shirt.

He smirked.

"Your get up is a total magnet for perverts." Napatawa ako ng malakas sa sinabi niya. "Ah, kaya pala nandito ka bigla." I retorted and his smirk grew like what I said was that interesting.

"Try me." Saad niya bago isinandal ang kanyang likod sa couch at tumingin ng diretso sakin. Na-conscious ako bigla sa paraan ng pagtitig niya.

Awkward akong napatawa. "Try your face." Umirap pa ako at saka tumalikod para sana pumunta sa kwarto. "Please leave and lock the door. Baka may makakita pa sayo na nanggaling ka dito, ma-issue pa tayo."

Silence filled the room and seconds later, I heard the door slammed. I heave a contented sigh and smiled at the thought of him deserting.

I was about to remove my brassiere when someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me. My mouth parted at the sight of him. His eyes were darker than usual and his grin still plastered on his face.

I flinched when his hand trailed my clavicle.

"W-what are you doing?" Kinakabahang tanong ko. He slowly removed my ponytail.

Naguguluhan ko siyang tiningnan. "I love it when people conclude because I tend to do what they blabbed about." Nang-aakit na pahayag niya. Teka! Nang-aakit? Naakit ba ako?!

I gulped. "Ano?" I asked almost a whisper.

"Let them think things Krey. Let's do it. Do it with me." Napahawak ako sa dibdib ko ng dahil sa narinig ko. And just when I was about to say a word - what he did stopped me.

His lips met mine.