Fairies (Part 1)

Story 1

Part 1

~~This story may be disturbing~~

*MAY INCLUDE: stalking/horror*

Fairy Dancing

The breeze was gentle and warm. On a day like this, most people would want to enjoy the weather and have long pointless strolls. Jade was one of those people, she couldn't stand to stay inside on a day like this and found herself walking along the sandy beaches of her town. Looking out over the shore to watch as the large blue waves collided with each other. The salty air pierced her skin in a comforting way. She engulfed herself in the serenity before a man broke her thoughts. 

 "A moment like this could last forever." 

His voice was emotionless, monotone and cold. Jade was the kind of person who tried to be friendly to everyone, "You don't make it sound like a good thing if you speak like that." She replied meekly.

 She could hear a low hum before the man responded, "That was my intention."

 He stared down at her. She took a closer look at him and noticed he was standing rather close. Too close, taking a few steps back; she glanced away.

 "Well, maybe sometimes things like this should last..." She felt a little alarmed by the strange man but she wanted to remain calm.

 "As should you."

 His voice echoed as she turned to face him only to see that he had completely disappeared. She thought about what he looked like in case she needed to avoid him in the future but for some reason she couldn't recall what the man had looked like, or if he was really even there. She felt a chill slide down her back as if she had just spoken to a ghost. Feeling alarmed and insecure, her feet rushed her home as quickly as they could without even realizing it.  

When she arrived home, she instinctively scanned the house for any changes, cleaned up,  and properly locked all the doors and windows. She felt alarmed as if someone had looked directly into her soul. When her breath finally caught up to her, she collapse onto the sofa and closed her eyes tightly before muttering,

 "This isn't like me...."

♪ BANG BANG BANG 

"Jade?! Jade are you home?" 

An older woman's voice is heard outside the door. Jade rubs her eyes as she sits up. The light from the windows peered in, illuminating the unmoving dust in the corners of her room. Taking a second to look around she noticed the dust and whispered to herself, "I thought I just cleaned...." The older woman continues to knock on the door and Jade quickly adjust her attention to the door and leaves to see who is calling. 

"Oh my god Jade! Why didn't you answer any of our calls?" the older woman pushes Jade gently out of the way and enters the room.