five

(Picture of Denise btw)

"Denise!" I yell and she comes out of the bathroom looking all nice.

I groan "Denise, this is Sammy." I say and they smile and shake hands

"You guys can call me Sam." I nod, and he starts to look around and all my thoughts lead back to Dylon.

I've never really been this comfortable around guys ever since then.

My heart starts to race and I start to shake "Denise." I whisper and she comes over to me.

"Yeah?" She asks.

I look down at my hands "show him around, I can't do this." I say and she sighs, sad, annoyed but also understanding.

I walk up the stairs and into my bedroom, I feel so horrible that I just left him down there tho.

I just walk into my bathroom and strip and take a shower.

I wash my medium length brown to blonde ombré hair, and my body.

When I get out I wrap my body in my towel and walk into my walk in closet.

I grab a sports bra, underwear, basketball shorts, and my volleyball sweatshirt.

I change into that and let my hair air dry after I brush it.

I grab my glasses and put them on, and look at my hazel/green eyes.

My sister has more of a dirty blonde hair with green eyes, I guess she just fit perfectly in being a model.

Me?

Oh I have no clue what I want to do.

I never really wanted a big job, like a model or an actress, but I was working at Zumiez in Las Vegas.

I've heard my mom talking to me and about how I should be the person who chooses the outfits for her movies or whatever, because I have always been into fashion.

I've token thought to it, but never really considered it.

I was right by my door when I heard Denise and Sam talking.

"Why'd she leave like that?" He asked, with MUCH concern.

"Oh, well, she hasn't had a happy past with guys.." she kind of trails off.

"Oh."

"Yeah, so if you ever get to talk to her have fun, cause she has anxiety and social anxiety."

"I feel so bad." He says.

"She's in her room, if you wanna talk to her." She says, and I hear a knock at my door.

I take a breath and open the door to see Denise and Sam. "hey." I say quietly.

"He's not going to hurt you Destine, he's a good guy." She says and I look up at Sam to see him smiling.

"Come in." I say and walk over to one of the couches in my room.

"This is a huge room." He says sitting next to me.

I just shrug. "Not much of a talker I see." He says with a chuckle and I blush.

I start to play with the ends of the sweatshirt praying to god that they don't come up.

Why?

Because I would self harm.

Nobody knew.

"Why don't you tell me about yourself." He says putting his arm around my shoulder.

"What do you want to know?" I ask, and he takes a moment to think.

"Favorite color?"

"Probably pink." I say and he nods "you?"

"Blue." I nod "how old are you?"

"I'm turning 17 this year, you?"

"I'm turning 19 this year, why'd you move here?"

"My mom got a job opportunity."

"Cool, what does she do?"

"She's a producer, my sister is a Victory Secret model, and I might be helping my mom soon." I say and he nods.

"So your sister told me some things," he starts and my heart stops and I freeze.

"What did she say?" I ask, even though I knew.

"She said you have social anxiety."

"Well, I mean, yeah b-" be cut me off.

"You're such a beautiful girl, and you shouldn't doubt that."

"Sam, when you constantly get told that for 1 year straight, you start to believe it. You don't know what I went through. And you never will." I say standing up and walking up the stairs to my bed.

He follows. "But I want to know. I want to be able to help you."

"Sam, look, I don't wanna talk about it." I say taking out my phone, and he takes it.

I shoot up and look at him curiously "text me or call me whenever you need to talk? Got it?" He asked and I nod in response.

He smiles "good. I'll see you around beautiful." He walks out of my room and I sit looking at my ceiling.

What. Just. Happened?