Chapter 2: My Life

Arabella's POV

"Girls up! Breakfast will be served in 18 minutes, move now!" The matron screamed, almost shattering my ear drums in the process.

All the girls jumped out of their beds creating a systematic thudding sound, while I simply groaned and grabbed my pillow to cover my ears I needed my sleep.

A person needs an average of nine hours of sleep, whereas I need above 14 hours. I'll take a nap whenever I can.

"Ari come on You're gonna get in trouble again". Lilia whispers into my ear, while frantically shaking me like a mad woman.

Lilia has always been a stickler for rules and punctuality, me being late automatically put our dorm on the Rader and Lilia will do anything, I mean anything at all possible to stay under the radar and unnoticed.

I should too, I should be trying to stay low as I can but I am not one for authority. I make my own rules. Not by choice, it's just in my DNA I guess. I got it from my mum. One of the only thing I know about her was that she hated rules, she never tried to obey them and she even tried to escape multiple times causing her untimely death.

I protested when Lilia resorted now to pulling my arms as a form of getting me up. Eventually she managed to pull me up into a seated position and then she grabbed the bottle hidden under my bed and started to squirt me with it.

I coughed and sputtered as the water hit me with such a force I had no choice but to open my eyes and wake up. I glared at her while she giggles.

This is our daily morning. And it's the only form of fun we have. Each girls in our dorm has a spray bottle hidden underneath their bunks, that we have collected over the years.

There are 6 of us in totals, meaning three bunks bed placed around the small box room. We have a bathroom connected to the room, it barely fits two people at a time. So timing is key.

When we where seven years old and fully able to speak, write,read and organise, we devised a time table to .ake sure everyone had the same bathroom time.

The girls knows I'm the slowest in getting out of bed so I'm last, which I'm perfectly contented with.

Lila is my best friend and the closest thing I have to a family.

We have been bunk mates since we where four years old. We do everything together well almost everything it's not like I'm gonna sit there and let her watch me pee,well to say the truth I will agree but she wont, she's so shy.

She is my partner, meaning that we clean,study, socialise and eat together. We only really need each other.

Don't get me wrong we are also friends with the other girls but I don't love them as much as I love Lilia.

After everyone has bathed and gotten ready, I went to do my business.

I take of my shirt, exposing my bare breasts but no one really cares. Nudity isn't really a problem when you have been sharing a room and a bathroom with 5 other girls.

I fasten the clasp of my plain nude bra and then but the dress over my head. I put on my black slip on shoe and then started tugging a comb through my tangled hair. I grab my half a crescent shape necklace the only thing I got from my mother. And quickly to do my clasp.

After I finished cleaning myself up, wash my hands, and do my daily facial ritual which consists of washing it with a simple face wash no scent, no colour to be honest I think it's just soap, but the matron passes it of as a face wash.

I like to think I'm pretty, I mean definitely not the most beautiful, some girls here are so gorgeous.

With my straight small nose, sharp jawline and natural rosy lip enough to make heads turn. Which is great considering the whole point of this place. What really makes me stand out are my eyes. They are very dark with cerulean blue with hues of green swirling inside them.