Chapter 4 (edited)

Chapter 4

He sat outside her house. She had a roommate which he doesn't like, but she was perfect for him. He knew she's the one, he had to have her. He watched as she stepped out of her house locking her door. She had a fitted gray skirt and a white button up blouse with a casual business jacket over it. Her dark hair was blowing in the wind as she put her phone up to her ear, he could hear her laughter.

He loved the way she laughed; such a beautiful smile. She climbed into her black BMW coop and shut the door. A few minutes later she pulled out of the drive. He started his silver Volvo and pulled in behind her. He made sure he kept his distance, he didn't want her to see him until it was time to be seen.

She pulled up at the hospital and used her gate card to gain access. She drove to the second level, parking in her usual spot. Dr. Diana Frost was an intern at Northwest Hospital. She graduated from University of Washington last year with her medical degree. In two years, she will be a resident, and then move on to her specialty of trauma surgeon. But first she had to get through her internship; so much potential.

He watched her get out of her car and climb up the stairs to the catwalk, the most direct route to the locker room and lounges. He began walking behind her. As she turned left on the other side of the catwalk, he kept going straight. He knew this hospital like the back of his hand. He took the stairs one floor up and traveled down a long hallway to the right. It's time to change.

With light blue scrubs on, Diana caught up with the other interns in the emergency room. There was a trauma coming in and she was pumped. He stood in the shadows and watched as her excitement grew. He could feel himself growing hard as he stared at her. He looked away. He wanted her so bad.

"Okay, we are awaiting three ambulances coming from an eight car pileup on I-5. Get the carts stocked and ready then meet me in the bay," Dr. Ward the ER trauma attending exclaimed walking away. The interns prepped carts and grabbed trauma gowns heading toward the bay.

He knew he would be able to get near her since there would be so much commotion. He, too, was dressed in scrubs waiting for the traumas to roll in. He picked up a chart at the nurse’s station glancing over it. No one pays attention to nurses as long as they do their job. Sirens could be heard in the background but all he could focus on was her dark hair and olive smooth skin, thoughts of getting close enough to smell her ran through his mind.

The bay doors opened, "White female, 27, deep lacerations on her forehead and arms from the windshield, no seatbelt. Her BR is 110/80 and O2 is 89; asking for her daughter who's right behind us." the EMT rattled out as they moved her to Trauma 3.

A second gurney came in carrying a child, "White female, 6, wasn't buckled up correctly thrown over the front seat found in front floor board; deep discoloration and tenderness in lower left quadrant. Deep lacerations on her face, compound fracture left femur." another EMT started as they moved into Trauma 1. "That was her mother in Trauma 3, in case you need any type of information from her." The EMTs raced out of the room with her gurney.

He saw Diana take Trauma 1 with the little girl as a third victim came in. He was not able to hear the injuries as he sneaked into the Trauma Room with her. "Get me two pints of O neg, get her stabilized and up to CT now." the doctor ordered as he headed to Trauma 2 to check on the third victim just wheeled in.

He stepped behind Diana and closed his eyes taking in her scent. "Okay, let's get up to CT," he heard as Diana grazed by him. He stepped back as she left the room. He watched her enter the elevator and knew she was progressing to the fourth floor. He entered the stairwell running up the stairs. As he exited the stairwell he could see her entering CT. He got on the elevator and selected second floor. He could see her tomorrow. He changed back into his street clothes and waltzed toward the parking garage humming. He entered his Volvo and drove out of the garage. Turning right, He found himself on the freeway heading south.