Day Four: Favorite Place

*sigh*

So, tbh, I have more than one favorite place. These include Skyloft, Lanayru Sand Sea, Skyview Temple (I know people hate it but idk I liked it a lot), Hyrule Field (because the MUSIC AAAH) (and also it's just purty:) and like a billion other places. But I finally decided to write about Lanayru Sandsea just because...just because. :p It's kinda short, but I'm tired, so yea. 

I also included a video for this one of the music for the Sand Sea, because that's some of my favorite music ever and also, in the video, someone wrote lyrics and oh my gosh they're just so preettttyyyy. So yeah. Watch if you're interested. (There is no singing, just the lyrics).

~~~

The sun burned down viciously on Link's face as he stood on the dock before Lanayru Sand Sea, looking out at the vast expanse of sand. His mouth felt dry, and not just from the heat. He could scarcely imagine this had once been an entire body of water. It was so huge.

"Fi," he said, coughing a little on the burning air as it entered his lungs.

His sword flashed, and Fi sprang out, hovering and awaiting what he was about to say. "Yes, Master?" she queried in her familiar musical voice.

Link squinted against the beams of sunlight, shielding his face with his hand. "This whole area was once water?" he said, still unable to believe it.

Fi glanced out over the enormous stretch of sinksand, then slowly nodded. "Yes, Master. It is sad, is it not? The sea has fallen into ruin, like everything else in Lanayru, which, as you already know, was once the most florid region on this land you call the surface."

Link scanned the horizon, noting several ruined towers in the distance. After a moment, he turned and glanced at the robot carcass lying on the dock. This robot wore a different hat than the others had: a captain's hat that once had a plume. "I wonder what his story is," Link mused.

Fi nodded at the timeshift stone resting in the boat next to the dock. "You can easily find out, Master." 

Link nodded. "I know. I will in a moment, but I think I'll eat something first." He sat cross-legged on the dock, reached into his pouch, and withdrew a few stamina fruits and a glass bottle filled with water that once was cold, but now was slightly lukewarm.

"I will never understand humans and their habit of eating," remarked Fi curiously.

Link grinned as he ate one of the stamina fruits, gazing out at the miles of slow-flowing sand before him. "You are right," he said to Fi, taking a drink of water. "This place is sad. It must have once been beautiful."

"Yes, Master," commented Fi softly, following his gaze.

"How did Lanayru become so dry?" Link wondered.

"Hm, well, when I was last awake thousands of years ago, Lanayru was still extremely arid. I suppose in the time since then, the region grew hotter." Fi sounded unsure for the first time.

"I see," said Link, deciding to let the subject drop. Contemplatively he tossed away the cores of the stamina fruits, brushed his hands off, and tucked the now half-full bottle of water back in his pouch. Partially closing his eyes against the flaming sunlight, he stepped forward across the dock towards the boat with the timeshift stone. Fi floated along behind him, seeming unwilling to reenter the sword just yet.

Link raised the weapon and took a deep breath before hitting the stone and reversing time yet again.