Chapter One

"How the fuck can I solve for the number when it's imaginary? That makes no sense!" Mondo shouted at Ishimaru.

Ishimaru sighed deeply. "You add an 𝑖 variable to represent the imaginary aspect of the solution, Ive already told you this"

𝗔/𝗡: 𝗗𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗾𝘂𝗼𝘁𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁. 𝗜 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝘁 𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿𝘀 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mondo was failing his classes and had turned to the Ultimate Moral Compass for help since he knew Ishimaru was very intelligent. Ishimaru eagerly agreed to help him study and to tutor him, not expecting it to be as difficult as it was. Ishimaru was hoping the two of them could possibly become buddies but at the rate their first tutor session was going, that'd never happen.

Mondo groaned loudly and banged his head against the textbook. "Can we move onto English or something that doesn't have to do with math"

Ishimaru quickly looked through the notes he had jotted down to keep them on track. "Yeah I guess so".

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Before Ishimaru could say anything, his mom opened the door. "Sorry to interrupt you boys, but I made some snacks for you guys. I'll just leave them here." She placed a plate full of freshly cooked pizza rolls on Ishimaru's side table. Without looking up, Ishimaru replied with a "thanks" and grabbed out his English textbook.

Mondo got up and brought the plate of pizza rolls over to the bed so it was inbetween them. Despite them still needing to cool down, Mondo grabbed one and ate it. "Your mom seems nice", he commented.

Ishimaru glanced up at him. "She is. Hey uhhh what did you need help on in English?"

Mondo thought for a second. "That stupid poem thing we had to analyze. I didn't get that at all."

"Ah gotcha. Thanks". Ishimaru grabbed his folder and grabbed out a paper. "You read the poem, right?"

"Yeah I read the fucking poem. It didn't make any sense."

"Okay well, reread it. Out loud." He gave the paper he had grabbed from his folder to Mondo.

Mondo took the paper and recited the poem. He looked at Ishimaru. "Okay? I read it"

"What do you think the poem is about?"

Mondo rolled his eyes. "How would I know, I didn't write it?" He grabbed another pizza roll and ate it.

Ishimaru sighed and it took everything in himself not to lose his cool.

Mondo saw he was causing Ishimaru distress and looked away. "I think it means um....to not take happiness for granted? Or some shit like that, I dunno..."

Ishimaru smiled excitedly. "Yes that's exactly it! I knew you had it in you"

Mondo looked up. "I-I was...right?..." He looked down and smirked slightly, proud of himself.

Ishimaru and Mondo spent several more hours together doing schoolwork.

Afterwards Mondo handed Ishimaru $10. He pushed the money back towards him. "You don't need to pay me. Keep it. I'm doing this because I think you have a lot of potential and I wanna help you."

Mondo shrugged and put the money back into his pocket. "Same time tomorrow?"

Ishimaru nodded. "Whatever works for you"

Mondo thanked him and left.

Ishimaru's mom came over and smiled. "I'm so glad you're making friends, Taka"

He sighed. "I wouldn't exactly call us that yet..." He went back upstairs to his room.

While working on his homework, he heard his dad come home. He started yelling at his mother for something small and stupid like usual. Ishimaru tried to tune it out like he always does but it was especially loud this time. He got up and grabbed his headphones off his desk and sat back down on his bed. He plugged them into his phone and turned on some music. He turned the volume up until he couldn't hear his parents yelling anymore. He continued his work and after that, went to sleep.

☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎

𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗼! 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿! 𝗜𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝘁𝘆𝗽𝗼𝘀, 𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗹𝗲𝘁 𝗺𝗲 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀. 

-𝟲𝟭𝟵 𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀-