At home

My sister and I, Katie, lived a happy family. It was just my mom, my dad, Katie and me. Katie is younger and I'm older. We also had another sister, Ava, but she had a huge fight with my mom and and she got kicked out. My dad was then forced to bye her her own house at 17! Thank god she was nearby.
One year later, I was 12, Katie was 7, and Eva was 17. A letter came in the mailbox. It was wrecked and looked really old. But the date said: Saturday 14th January 2021. That was today! It was for Katie. So I gave it to her and she read and read. When she looked up, she was crying.
"What's wrong" I asked.
She gave me the letter and I read it aloud:

Dᴇᴀʀ Kᴀᴛɪᴇ Aʟᴍᴏɴᴅ,
Wᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ sᴜɴᴅᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴘɪᴄᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴜᴘ. Tʜɪs ɪs ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏʏʀ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ, ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ. A ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ ɪs ᴘɪᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɴ 14 ᴏʙsᴛᴀᴄʟᴇs. 14 ᴅᴇᴀᴅʟʏ ᴏʙsᴛᴀᴄʟᴇs. I ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ sᴀʏ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴀʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀʏ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ. Gɪʀʟs ɪɴ ᴀɴʏ ᴀɢᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴘɪᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴜɴʟᴇss ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴀʟᴋ, ᴡᴀʟᴋ, ᴏʀ ʀᴜɴ.
Yᴏᴜʀ sᴇɴᴄɪʀᴇʟʏ,
Gᴏᴠᴇʀɴᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ Sʟᴀᴠᴇᴅ Cᴏᴜɴᴛʀʏ

I couldn't believe it. No one could. We were all crying and when the day had come, we gave her her stuff and she left.

We were crying for a month. I tried so hard to contact the "government of the slaved country". But it was no use. It was hopeless. About 3 months later, my parents seemed to have forgotten it. My sister, Eva, thought she was camping with her friends because that is what we told her. No one seemed to care anymore. We soon received another letter from the "Government of the Slaved Country". It was for me...