Chapter 12 : The End Is Near

My days slowly went by.The timer was about to run out.Oikawa walked in the room to talk to me while Iwaizumi went down to have his lunch since he missed his in school.I still haven't told Oikawa that I was about to die.I figured that this was the right time for me to tell him.He settled down in the chair beside my bed while I looked at him sadly.

"Heyy,what's wrong ? Why are you staring at me like that hmm?"

"Oikawa-san...I won't be here much longer..."

"Y/n,don't say that...you will be here with me,right..?"

All I could do was get teary and shake my head.He started to cry his eyes out and started to hold my hand tightly.Iwaizumi then came back to tell Oikawa that he would take care of me so Oikawa could head home.Oikawa gave a weak nod and turned to me.

"Promise me that I'll see you tomorrow,y/n"

I stared blankly at his pinky being held out.I wasn't sure about it.

"Y/n,promise me please...I beg you"

"I-i promise"

My pinky finger intertwines with him.As he lets go,I had a feeling that the promise would be broken.I just mouthed "I'm sorry" to his back and then he was gone,away from my vision.

Night falls and I wrote Oikawa a little note just in case I die that night. I gave it to Iwaizumi and told him to give it to Oikawa when I'm gone.Iwaizumi went back home and said goodbye.I slowly fell asleep.