CRESENT

Moonbyul woke up to immense pain on her scapula.

"Oh! Are you awake?", a sweet voice asked her. Moonbyul, for the first time in her existence, saw an angel. She dressed in gold and white, with an olive garland on her head. Her eyes were ocean blue and her long wavy brown hair falls freely.

"Where am I?"

"Limbo. And this is a secret place I built to hang out. It's my first time seeing a devil. But what happened to you? You were in a bad condition."

For a moment, Moonbyul forgot her pain seeing an angel. She looked back to the cause of her pain. Her heartbeat raced fast. Resentment, hatred, and anger rushed through her. She tried to keep her cool but the pain of her loss was too much to bear. She shed her first tears and on it, she swears she would have her revenge. After Moonbyul recollect herself, she softly asked, "What's your name?"

"Lumos Solis", cleared throat," but you can call me Solar."

"Okay. Solar, it is. Thank you for healing me."

"You are welcome. Hmm... Do all devils show this kind of ho-"

"Where are my wings?", Moonbyul didn't care enough to listen to her.

Solar pointed to the large black wings laid on top of the fabric. Moonbyul got up and walked towards it. She caressed it and asked Solar if it was already cut off when she found her. Solar nodded. Moonbyul returned back to her normal form. The wound from her real devil form left bruises on her normal body.

Moonbyul took her wings outside, set it on fire and watched it burn.

"Why did you burn it?", Solar inquired in confusion.

"What do you do when your wings got cut off?"

Solar remained silent. Moonbyul looked at her and scanned her. "Why didn't you put back my wings?"

Solar quickly replied, "I was told to be cautious of a devil in his demonic form. They are very cunning."

Moonbyul narrowed her eyes.

"But it was too late when I found you!", Solar continued, terrified by Moonbyul's stare. Without the power of flight, a devil becomes like a mere bird without wings. Its freedom is gone and remains helpless. And this was how angels took care of haughty devils. However, they could be put back within a few period of time after it got cut off by a healing angel. Otherwise, it becomes a piece of trash.

Healing angels are the weakest, however, the most powerful kind. They are protected from all evil as they are physically weak. Despite this, their healing power is beyond compare.

For a healing angel to be out here in Limbo unarmed, freely roaming, Moonbyul couldn't help but wonder if she was being brave or stupid.

"Why did you help me, a devil?"

"It doesn't matter to me who I help. I come here every now and then to heal the poor souls. Hollows are always lurking around and they are not safe in this miserable place."

"Those sinners deserve it. Let them be the food of hollows. They can do one good deed before they vanish from this universe. The hollows will be satisfied too. Don't you think so?"

"Wha-? ...... Do you, devils, don't have feelings?"

"No, they make you weak."

"I think this is my cue to leave. Rest well here, till you get better."