10

"Akaashiii!!" Bokuto exclaimed for the nth time this morning.

Akaashi sighed, tired of hearing the same words, but his friend's energy made him smile. "What is it Bokuto-san?"

"You like Kenma, right?" Akaashi stuttered, looking for the right words. He had already said yesterday that he didn't like him, was that not enough?

"I already told you, I don't like Kenma-san."

"Aww, don't lie Akaashi! Hey, this might help! I really like Kuroo but I don't know how to tell him!" He chuckled. How the hell did he say that with such confidence?!

"Wow, that was...something. But I'm not as confident as you, Bokuto-san." The other boy immediately responded, loquaciously over-talking to him.

"Aha!! So you do like him!"

Akaashi froze again, but this time, he let his feelings run free. He fiddled his fingers in a way to comfort himself. It's a setter thing, and he doesn't play that often anymore, but it has become a habit, especially when his own emotions over-qualify him. No matter how much he would say 'no', Bokuto would only continue to push him further.

"Fine. I like him. Happy?" A deafening squeal was heard all throughout their apartment.

"That's cool Akaashi! Kuroo and I will set up the date then!" The grey-haired man gave him a thumbs up, showcasing his toothy smile.

"W-What?! Date?!"

"Yeah, date! Although Kuroo and I know nothing about planning things like these, but we'll do our best for both of you to have fun!" He shrieked.

It seemed like it's all going too fast for Akaashi. He has only met Kenma for a month and a half, and in that time span alone, they would only meet for once or twice every two weeks, since both are busy bees. There was absolutely no reason to rush, and it's kind of embarrassing that his friends are doing it for him.

"Thank you Bokuto-san, I appreciate the effort, but I can do it by myself. Besides, I think it would be meaningless if the date was set up by you two."

Bokuto gripped his chest and gasped dramatically. "Mean, Akaashiii~"

"What I'm trying to say is...If I were to go on a date with him, I want to be the one to do it. It's a way of expressing my love for him." Bokuto's eyes glimmered at his friend's response, followed by a response.

"Akaashi, you're so cool!" He said proudly, whipping his hand at Akaashi's back- a little too hard. Akaashi was sure the slap left a hand mark, judging by how it's stung.

"Oww..."

———

Akaashi went to the mall, by himself. He was forced by Bokuto (and Kuroo) to set up a date. He didn't know how, when or where to start. He didn't even know what Kenma likes. Well, he knew he likes video games- but aside from that, he seemed clueless. He roamed around some stores, not knowing where to go. Akaashi was the kind of person who's always prepared, but right now he isn't. He blames those two idiots for forcing and rushing him into this.

After minutes of walking around and not buying a sinlge thing yet, he decided to ask Kuroo. Akaashi nearly pressed the call button, before his thumb moved to the text icon next to it, mentally taking note that Kuroo can't talk.