Chapter 2

"We're here." I said as I cut the engine.

"You live here? " He asked in a soft tone, a tone that said that this place is meaningful to him. Perhaps it has some treasured or not so treasured memories.

"Yes, why?" I asked curiously.

"No reason." He brushed me off, instantly turning back to his cold tone.

"O-kay." I said as I reached for my bag in the backseat. Once I got my hold on it, I pulled it to the front and put it onto my lap. Opening the door, I stepped out and asked,"You coming?"

"Yeah." He answered with a voice, laced with a bit of sadness, which I won't lie, surprised me.

"Are you okay?" I asked, starting to get a bit worried.

"Yeah, I'm good. No need to worry." He said, brushing me off again.

He opened the door and jumped out before closing it behind him. I locked the car before waiting for him to come to my side. Once he stood next to me, I led him in the direction of my apartment.

We climbed up the stairs to my first floor apartment. I guided him to my door, which was a brown, wooden door before taking my key out of my bag and unlocking it.

"Come in." I invited as I got inside and waited for him to get in. Once he was inside, I closed both trolley door and the wooden door, closing the warmth in." So, would you like to take a shower first? Just to burn the cold water from the rain off." I said, trying not to offend him.

"Sure, but you should go first. It is your apartment after all, besides I'm used to the cold rain, you however, aren't." He said.

"Yes, but you're my guest." I urged.

"Don't pull that card on me, Sweetheart. Go take a shower." He ordered with a glare.

With a pout, I made my way to my room, but not without saying,"Please do not raid or ruin my place while I'm in the shower. You are a stranger after all. Otherwise, make yourself comfortable."

I pulled out my favourite long grey Pajama pants and top with some morning slip on boots. Then I pulled out my matching pair of grey underwear and a pair of socks.

I made my way to my bathroom and closed the door behind me. I quickly slipped off my damp clothes and threw them into the bathtub, before I turned on the shower. Making sure that it was to my preference, I jumped in for a quick shower.

I finished in 15 minutes, just because I was enjoying the hot water. I took my wash cloths and wiped my body dry before jumping out of the shower. I took my lotion and applied some before spraying some deodorant.

I quickly put on my underwear and socks then I put on my pajamas. Looking at myself from my small bathroom mirror, I let out a quiet groan at the sight of my damp hair. I need to dry it before it crams.

I'm a mixed race, you could say. I have a natural stubborn afro and cappuccino coloured skin. I'm only 5'2, I have plump dark pink slightly full lips, long eyelashes and a good amount of eyebrows. I unfortunately have some spots on my face from pimples. My body however, is not that bad either, I'd say I'm pear shaped actually. I don't have a flat stomach, but it's quite tiny just a little bump, so I'm good.

Remembering the guy who's name I now remember I didn't ask for, I stepped out of the bathroom.

"I'm so sorry for taking so long." I said to the man who stood in the middle of my living room. He looked so out of place and lost.

"It's okay. It is your place after all isn't it?" He asked.

"Still." I groaned," Let me go fetch you a wash cloth and some clothes." I said as I walked to my spare bedroom,"Luckily Jude decided to leave his clothes here." I mumbled.