Chapter 3

"Okay, I'm gonna go prepare the guestroom for you." I said as I put my plate of food in the microwave.

"Eat first." He demanded.

"You say I'm stubborn while you're bossy." I scoffed even as I sat down next to him and pulled out my plate.

"I'm sorry, but it's apart of me." He shrugged as he took a bite of his macaroni salad,"This tastes great by the way."

"I'm glad." I responded as I got off my chair to fetch a fork from the drawer before walking back.

*****

Preston's POV

With a sigh, I got off the bed. It felt nice sleeping on one after nearly three years without one. My body feels more refreshed than it has been in a while.

I slipped on my clothes from yesterday before fixing the bed. I've always been a neat person. I slipped out of the room and went into the living room slash Kitchen.

"Good morning." Greeted Alisha with a yawn as she stirred something in a pot on the stove,"I hope you don't mind porridge?"

"Morning, I'm not picky." I replied before walking to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I frowned at the beard that had overgrown half of my face. My hair was sticking out in all directions. With a sigh, I took the toothbrush Alisha had given me yesterday and put some toothpaste on it before brushing my teeth.

When I finished, I rinsed the foam out of my mouth before rinsing my hands and running them over my hair to atleast control it.

Feeling better, I got out of the bathroom and made my way back to the kitchen.

"I'm not sure what you'll put in yours, but I dished up for you." She said.

"It's okay, anything you put in yours, I'll put in mine." I answered, feeling a bit uncomfortable.

"Okay, well everything is in the fridge or the cupboard so please feel welcome to search. I hope you don't mind if I got take a quick shower first?" She asked.

"Sure." I shrugged.

With a nod, she disappeared into her bedroom before coming out with a few articles of clothing on her arm. She then disappeared in the bathroom, closing the door behind her and leaving me alone in the kitchen.

I got off my chair and started preparing my porridge before sitting back down and digging in. It's odd when I think about how many years it's been since I last ate porridge. I never saw myself living such a lifestyle, any day from now I'll have to leave or she'll kick me out. This will all seem like a dream in my hopeless life. With a sigh, I dug into my porridge.

I finished my last spoon of porridge just as Alisha walked out of the bathroom. She had on a white sundress, brown sandals and her hair was combed up to an afro. She had it slightly parted at the side, but otherwise it was a normal natural afro. She looked quite breathtaking in all honesty, but I don't have time to be smitten. I've had enough female problems in my life already.

"Are you done already?" She asked as she padded towards me.

"Yes, thank you." I replied as I got up to wash my bowl.

"No, it's okay. You can go take a shower or something so long. I'll just clean the house and start my laundry." She smiled.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yes I'm sure." She reassuringly smiled.

"Okay, I'll go take a quick shower then I'll be out of your hair." I said as I made my way to the bathroom.