UNO

cover art made by @i-want-to-live

And the amazing intro, And most scenes. He did all that. I just added and wrote-

onto the story

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was an ordinary Monday night and I was with my best buds, Quint Baker, Dirk Savage, and June Del Toro. June is someone I had a crush since like forever, she is nice (sometimes) fast, funny, and just a pretty cool person. Every week that goes by, I get even more head over heels, if that's even possible, but eh whatever. 

 It's pretty boring in the tree house, Rovers asleep, the monsters are asleep, and the zombies are out, it's fine since, the "Zom-B-gones!" Quint invented are pretty useful. Just like my best pal. We're all just playing a game of Uno and I'm on a winning streak, I won twice in a row, Quint won 3 times, Dirk once, and June won 4 times. Every time she won she does a little victory dance and usually shouts "ha! Take that!" Which usually makes my heart light up, seeing her so happy. 

" UNO!" I heard her yell as she jumped up " HA. Suck it losers!" 

She did her victory lap as I admired her. I loved when this happened. Its that same tingly feeling again. I smiled as Quint and Dirk groan as they have been beaten. Again. 

She sat back down with a smile plastered on her face. We put all the cards back together again. Quint counted the cards and they all seemed to be there. All 108 of them. We started another round.

After about 30 minutes dirk won. FINALLY! We let him have his victory lap. 

Game after game after game. The final score is:
Quint:10
Dirk:6
Me:9
June:11

That's a lot of uno-
Anyway she did her cute victory lap .That brings back the feeling.

After another game (that I won) Dirk dropped his cards and layed on his back, he groaned "I'm bored". Quint stood up and stretched his legs. "Well, what do you want to do?" He asked. Just then I hear hurly, Dirks stomach, start to rumble. "Lets eat" Dirk said sitting up, June groaned quiet "oh come on" she said "I was winning to!". "Yeah, yeah whateves" Dirk said as he got up, "come on hurly" he said. 

It was 12:10 am so we made sandwiches. I took a bite than looked at June,who was eating hers.Is this creepy? Should i be looking at her while shes eating?

She sees me staring at her.SHE SAW ME! SHE SAW ME! DON'T PANIC.

"Hey." I spoke, my face turning light pink. Is it from embarrassment?

"Hey Jack." she smiled.

There was an awkward silence. I looked away and took a bite of my sandwich.

STUPID STUPID STUPID! 

I heard Quint snicker. 

"Shut it." I mumbled so only he can hear.

He smiled mischievously.

"Pay back for the secret at the dump,friend." He mumbled back.

Quint then proceeds to stand up and walk over to June. I was sweating.

"Hey you know jack likes-"

SHIT SHIT SHIT

"-writing for the school news paper. He loved being on the team"

Oh-

Quint winked at me and sat down. 

Now I should add "kill Quint" to my list of things to do tomorrow right after feeding rover of course. He scared me half to death. 

we finished our food.

" What should we do now?" I asked sitting up.

"Play more uno?" Quint suggested.

"Uno will kill me if we play more" June and Dirk said at the same time. That's fuck'n weird. But than again they do it all the time.

"We can play a video game, friends.". I jump up "Yes!" I cry, "Uh, I don't know about that" Dirk said wiping his eye and yawning "I'm pretty tired". "Yeah me too" June said as she yawned. I walked over to her. "OH come on! Please!" I whine, as I put my hands on her shoulders. "I promise it will be fun".

June, looked at me with tired eyes, "do we get a prize?" She asked. "Uh, I don't know about that" I said. "Then no" June said, and she started to walk away to her room.

I grab her arm and spin her around "Wait!" I exclaim, "if you play and win, I will do your chores for a week". June thought about it, then smiled.  "Alright then" she said and she walked by me saying "you are so going down".