sex with a ghost?

wc: 4320 oops-

so i had this idea for a while bc i love this song and its a vibe y'all should listen to it. i'll try and make a part two soon because of well the ending but y'all will see

tw; mentioned death scene, some angst, heavily implied smut, blood

~line~

It's been about three years since Mark had... passed. It wasn't his fault; somehow it wasn't by him hurting himself. He'd been the victim of a drunk driving car accident.

Ethan felt he could barely move on; his best friend had been killed. He still remembers the phone call before Mark had gotten into the accident. The last words they'd said to each other before Mark's line went dead.

Ethan felt he was going to sob over the phone. Mark had just called him because he'd gotten into an accident. He said he was pinned from his legs down and part of the other car had shot through the window right into his shoulder.

"Ethan, if I don't make it," Mark had choked out. "I just want you to know that... I love you man."

Ethan was crying now. "M-mark, I love you too," he'd responded.

Suddenly, the phone made a loud thunking noise, almost like it had hit something.

"Mark?" Ethan asked. No response. "Mark? Come on, Mark!" He was getting frantic.

The phone had hit the floor. Ethan could hear sirens approaching in the background. He choked out a sob, setting his phone down to accept this fact that... Mark wasn't going to respond.

But now, three years later, Ethan had been getting better. He hasn't said "I love you" to anyone else since then, though. He knew it was an irrational fear, but he couldn't help it.

He wiped his face of tears since tonight... well tonight was the anniversary of Mark's death. Ethan had been looking through some of Mark's old videos, pictures of them together, just to relive the memories of his best friend. He put his phone down, sniffling again. He got up and went to the bathroom to wash his face.

Ethan turned the sink on and bent down to splash water on his face with his hands. He grabbed a towel, dabbing his face with it as he stood back up. He looked in the mirror and his eyes widened.

"Mark?" He practically yelled. He turned around to see nobody behind him. He looked back in the mirror and, sure enough, Mark was standing there.

Mark waved a little bit, looking sad. He stepped closer to Ethan and placed a hand on his shoulder. Ethan shivered, feeling the cold touch.

"Holy shit, M-Mark how...?"

"I'm not actually alive, Ethan," Mark spoke. His voice sounded distant, but Ethan could still hear it. "I found a way to visit you. I wasn't sure how I could get you to see me, but this worked." He smiled now.

Ethan's lip trembled a bit as he tried to hold back more sobs. "God, I've fucking missed you," he choked out. He just wanted to hug Mark so much right now.

Mark stepped a little behind Ethan, wrapping his arms around Ethan's waist and resting his head on Ethan's shoulder. Ethan felt the cold around him but... somehow it felt warm? And comforting? He tried placing his hand over one of Mark's in the mirror, gasping quietly when he realized he could feel it.

"I've missed you, too," Mark spoke. Though his voice was still distant, Ethan felt his cold breath on his neck.

For the next few weeks, everytime Ethan looked in any of his mirrors, he could see Mark. Mark had tried explaining that mirrors are kind of gateways to the ghost realm, but you can only see through. Neither can pass through either way. Nobody in, nobody out.