Chapter 2

Y/N: Ugh, he can be so irritating sometimes

Sammy: Who?

Y/N: My infuriating neighbor Jae

He keeps playing his electric guitar super loud

Doesn't he realize it's almost midnight?

People are trying to sleep

Sammy: Have you tried talking to him?

Y/N: Yes Sammy, I have

He doesn't care

He just said he'd keep practicing

So I told him that I bet he needs all the practice he can get because he's so bad

Then he invited me to watch his band play this weekend

Sammy: Ooh, are you gonna go?

Y/N: No, why should I?

Sammy: Well if he's bad then you can rub it in his face

But if he's good then you get to see a cool band play live

Either way it's a win-win situation

Y/N: I guess...

Will you go with me then?

Sammy: Sure I'll pick you up

- - -

You knocked on the door to the frat house. It was a pretty chill fraternity compared to the others, but frat houses in general made you uncomfortable. Sammy had just moved into the house this year. It was still weird coming here though. Usually you guys ended up hanging at your apartment.

Jae opened the door, looking just as surprised to see you as you felt to see him. "Y/N, what brings you to Delta Alpha Upsilon?"

"Umm, Sammy and I were going to hang out."

"You're friends with Woosung?"

"Yeah. Do you have a problem with that?"

"No, just surprised. I didn't think he would hang out with someone like you."

"Someone like me? Care to elaborate?" You crossed your arms.

Jae rolled his eyes. "A killjoy."

"I am not!"

"Really? When was the last time you did anything fun? Broke any rules? Acted like a real college student and not a grandma?"

"I can have fun!"

"You didn't answer my question."

Sammy came down the stairs, joining Jae in the doorway. "Y/N, hey."

"I didn't realize you and Jae were friends," you stated.

"Oh uh, yeah. Jae is also a member of Delta Alpha Upsilon, although he hasn't been as active."

"Y/N was just saying how she wanted to come drinking with us tonight," Jae interrupted, drawing the attention back to himself.

"I did?"

"You did?" Woosung looked at you and Jae suspiciously.

"Yup, she was just telling me how she couldn't wait."

"But it's Thursday. It's a school night," you remarked.

"Oh, then I was wrong. I guess the killjoy won't be joining us."

"I'm not a killjoy! Fine. You want me to come with. I will!"

"You will?" Woosung repeated. His head was spinning, trying to keep up with the new turn of events. This was all very out of character for you.

"Yup. Count me in. Drinking on a school night, what's more fun than that?"

Jae grinned. "Great. Sammy knows where the bar is. We'll meet you there."

"Can't wait!" You spun around dramatically. Sammy followed after you as you walked back to your apartment. He let you cool down a bit before talking.

"Now I see how he convinced you to see his band play," Sammy said.

"He didn't convince me. I just said that I would in the heat of the moment."

"Exactly my point. He convinced you to go, just like he convinced you to come out with us tonight."

You groaned, putting your head in your hands. "Ugh, don't remind me. Why would I say that?"

"Because you love arguing with him."

"How can you be friends with him? He's –"

"Annoying, I know, you've said it a million times. But he's really not that bad."

"I beg to differ."

"So what are you going to wear tonight?" Sammy asked, changing the subject.

"I don't know. Maybe just this?" You gestured to what you were currently wearing, which was jeans and a t-shirt.

Sammy shook his head. "Come on. We're going out, not volunteering at a food bank."

"Well what should I wear then?"

Sammy started digging through your closet. "How about this?"

You looked up from your phone. Sammy was holding up a lacy bodysuit and a mini skirt. "Oh, heck no. No way." You tried to take it from him and put it back, but he just held it over your head.

"Come on. It's cute."

"It's sexy and revealing."

"Exactly."

"No."

"Just picture it. You enter the bar tonight wearing this, you'll have every guy's attention, especially Jae's."

"I don't want his attention though."

"I thought you wanted to get back at him. That's the whole reason you're going out tonight, isn't it?"

You sighed heavily. "Fine. I'll wear the bodysuit. But put that skirt back. I haven't fit into that in forever."