Chapter 2

"Hey. It's okay." Louis hugged me as my servant took us home. I opened the letter my dad gave me. I read it out loud so Lou could hear too.

"Dear my Emmeline, as our arrival to New York, things became deviant. In fact, you knew that my doing was wrongfully acted upon. However, I'm grateful you respected me.

My dear daughter, I knew this time would come. I carried this letter wherever I wandered, adding to it when an important situation arose. I'm assuming as you are reading this, my time has come.

My job involved many dangerous men. Most wanting me gone. I wish I spent more time with you, I do. You must move to London. Away from here. I'm sorry about the danger you could possibly be in but I assure you, find a place in London by selling our home. Phone this number: *********** and employ him to take care of you along with some new employed servants.

My will is all for you but I must let you in on your mother's and I's secret. You have a brother, Connor. I couldn't leave this earth without you knowing. He is many years older than you, 13 to be precise. Please, however, do not search for him. He, like his father, works in a dangerous field. I don't want you in anymore danger that I may have possible forced upon you.

I love you Emmeline. Stay safe and be good.

Your Father, Elijah
X"
-
I looked at Lou, tears both sat in our eyes.

"I... I have... have a brother?" I frowned my eyebrows.

"You can't stay here." He said, rapping his arm around my shoulder. His hand was placed on my rested head, perched on his shoulder. "As your father instructed, move to London. Come back with me. Sell the house from London. You have enough to purchase another before that one is sold. Please! I won't leave until you come home."

"This is my home, Louis." I said looking deeply into his eyes. "How can I just leave?"

"It's for your safety, Em. Visit your mum. Stay with me. Anything as long as you are back in London." He said, wiping my tears from my face.

I nodded.

"Thank you." He replied. "If we sort out flights tonight, you could move everything to a new home by next week. I'll stay longer."

"Thank you, Lou. I don't know where I would be without you."

We arrived home and got changed into our pj's. We sat on the sofa both cuddled up as I looked at homes whilst Louis looked for flights.

I was depressed about my fathers passing but I knew it would come. He kept his job distant from family and I knew it was dodgy. Something wasn't right. He was a real hero, especially mine.

"There are so many near yours, Lou. This is wonderful." I exclaimed.

"Perfect. I've found a flight. One where you can take your furniture. It's all sorted." He said, tapping my head.

"Amazing. Im excited to get back."
-
(The following Wednesday)
"Wake up!" Lou yelled, opening my bedroom door. He slept in one of the many spare rooms. I mean, at this point, it was technically his room. The amount of times he has stayed here.

"Get up! Today's the day we go home, to your new place."

I rubbed my eyes and climbed out of my silk sheets.

"Oh my god, Lou. I can't believe it!" I said, running up to him. He picked me up and twirled me around.

"Come on, let's get ready!" I shouted.

We played loud music throughout the house, using the sound speakers. Today was the day.

"Lou?" I asked, as he shoved the last pancake into his mouth.