Inferno

Sam: POV

Yesterday was just crazy. I couldn't believe Mike, Mercy and Quinn were together! Like that! It blew my mind. But I could understand wanting to explore. I didn't really have a chance to explore when I was younger because I was surrounded by guys and I wasn't attracted to any of them. I had to wait til McKinley.

I felt bad for them. Having to explain something so private? It had to be hard. And to have their significant others mad at them.

Finn moped all last night. He picked at his dinner and laid on the couch watching TV with his dad but not really watching it. Kurt tried to keep up a steady stream of chatter but I don't think he heard him.

I kept quiet. It wasn't my business. But I thought everyone was overreacting. It was the past and they weren't doing it anymore.

It was even quieter this morning as we ate breakfast. Ms. Carole couldn't take it anymore. She set down her spoon. "Okay. What's going on?"

"With what?" Kurt acted like he didn't know.

"Why are you all acting like you're going to a funeral?!"

"We're fine, Mom."

She obviously didn't believe him and crossed her arms.

Mr. Burt looked between us. "Kurt, tell us what's going on."

Kurt sighed. "It's not my business."

Finn was busy glaring at his bowl of cereal. "It's mine."

I lifted a shoulder. "Technically, it's not."

He glared at me. "It's my girlfriend so that makes it my business! And that means Sadie cheated on me!"

"Cedes?" Ms. Carole looked confused. "When'd you date Cedes?"

"Freshman year." He went back to frowning at the table.

"And you found out she cheated on you?" Mr. Burt nodded slowly.

"How serious were you?" Kurt tried.

"Really serious!" Finn snapped. "She was my first girlfriend!"

"I know it probably hurts to learn you weren't the only one but it's in the past now." Ms. Carole told him. "You're friends. Why does it matter? Besides you're dating Quinn."

"It was with Quinn!"

Mr. Burt frowned in confusion. "What was with Quinn?"

"She cheated on me with Quinn! And Mike!"

Their reactions were immediate. "What?!"

"Yeah!"

Both stared at each other before looking at him. Ms. Carole spoke. "Have you talked to them?"

"No." He shook his head.

"I think you should."

"No." He repeated.

"Finn, you have to tell them how you feel. Give them a chance to explain themselves. They're your friends and you love Quinn."

He stood up suddenly. "I have to pick up Rachel."

"Finn!"

He walked out.

"Finn! Finn!" She got up to chase after him.

Mr. Burt blew out a breath. "I'm glad I'm not in high school anymore."

I completely agreed.

Kurt pushed away his bowl of cereal. "We should get going. Are you ready, Sam?"