- 𝐈

September 28th, 1990.
Blair's apartment; somewhere in Seattle, Washington.

*.°•

BLAIR , ALEKA, AND ROWAN all sat gathered in a semi circle on the floor of blair's living room. the three of them were sifting through blair's old vinyls, seeing if they wanted any of them before blair got rid of them, wanting to lessen her collection since it was getting to be too much and she rarely listened to most of them.

"wil's gonna be pissed that you didn't invite him to look through these, you've got a pretty gnarly thing going on here." aleka stated, holding up a velvet underground album and inspecting the back cover.

"he'll survive. besides, i think he had plans with that girl he's been fucking around with." rowan responded from across the living room, thumbing through a crate that was labeled "guitar gods," the crate being full of mainly jimi hendrix with led zeppelin and some clapton scattered here and there.

"do you guys have plans this weekend?" blair chimed in, changing the subject, being half distracted by the stack of 7 inch singles she was looking through. the two girls pondered on the question for a moment before rowan spoke up.

"i was thinking of going to another show," she bagan, rejoining the other two on the green shag carpet, "you know those friends of mudhoney? they're playing at some shitty venue this weekend. nirvana maybe? i'm not sure but mark said they've been making waves down at sub pop recently." nirvana, of course. everyone who kept up with the underground music scene in seattle knew who they were.

"why do you ask?" aleka asked, looking up from the pile she had infront of her.

"silvia is out of town, visiting her parents i think." she started, setting down the record she was holding and looking up at the two. "it's the first chance i've gotten to do something without her breathing down my neck in weeks and i don't wanna waste it."

it was no secret to blair's band mates that silvia had the tendency to be a bit controlling. it came from a place of insecurity, always convinced that blair was doing something fucked up behind her back. blair understood that she didn't mean to be that way, but that didn't make it okay.

"dude, just dump her already." aleka complained, turning her attention back to the vinyls.

"you could tag along, from what i've heard they're really good." rowan replied, much more helpfully than aleka. "bitchfest here could even join if she's up for it." the last remark earning a laugh from even aleka herself.

"i'm down, invite wil?" blair asked, the question being directed at rowan.

"i'll call him later." aleka stated, walking into blair's kitchen and opening the fridge, grabbing a can of arizona tea from the top shelf. "tea anyone?"

* .°•

BLUE SPEAKS... bit of a filler before kurt in the next chapter >:)