- e

e - confess

[ ☹︎ ]---

Dai-Lan folded and put away the clothes lying in the laundry basket. Putting in extra care as she pondered. The only noise present in the basement was the water dripping from the ceiling at the edge of Sunoo's bed. The constant sound over the years had started bringing a sense of comfort to her -- to accompany her whenever Sunoo couldn't.

She started to clean the rest of the room, trying to avoid the washroom for as long as she could. She looked at herself in the half-length mirror that hung on the wall.

Her mono-lidded eyes. Her hair that never seemed to do what she wanted. Her rose-red tinted lips. Her skin that always seemed to have a blemish, no matter what she did. To herself, she was quite pretty, to everyone else, she couldn't be sure.

But, she didn't really care what she thought about her own looks.

She only wished she knew what Sunoo thought. The boy had never really made any comment on her appearance, it didn't really occur to him that she would care.

After years of telling herself that the small crush would subside or that she didn't want to "ruin their friendship". She was pretty on terms with her growing feelings for Sunoo and she was actually convincing herself to confess.

But their friendship was something they mutually treasured. And if Sunoo did like someone else, she'd be happy for him. She'd be happy that he could find his forever happiness. Because Sunoo deserved happiness the most, it was what looked best on him. His bright smile, with eyes that sparkled.

The girl turned away from the mirror, looking at the calendar hanging beside it.

Something clicked in her mind, like the feeling of fitting the last piece of a puzzle in or inserting your USB in one try. The hint of a smile replaced her naturally neutral expression.

She would confess to Sunoo the day he got out of therapy.

---[ ☹︎ ]

333 words.

note.
anyone want 2 be friends ?