2. THE END OF THE WORLD

(I also posted this on my backup account, ThatSunnyLife.

It was for a school assignment).

****

The End of The World
By: Sunny

White. The sky is white.

A blank canvas, sitting on a new and sturdy easel.

It is nothing, and yet everything.

"Baa aah," went a flying sheep.

"Good day to you too, good sir!" says one of the ducks, tipping his top hat with a yellow-feathered wing towards the fluffy animal.

I lay sprawled on the ground, staring into the cloudless yet oddly colourless sky. The grass feels rough against my back. A cool breeze lifts a strand of brown hair off my face.

I lazily watch a herd of sheep effortlessly soar over me. Brilliant coats of purple, blue and pink wool make them look like a field of cotton candy. Everything around me screams of commotion and brilliant reverie, and yet I feel at peace.

I feel like I'm supposed to be doing something. Something important.

Nah. Probably nothing.

"Excuse me! Miss!"

I sit up. I am met with the face of a proper-looking duck: a black top-hat perched on his head and a monocle over one of his beady eyes. "Yeah?"

"Did you find the pizza was good?" the duck asks.

"What pizza?"

"Oh my!" The duck lets out a squeak similar to a mouse. "It was supposed to be delivered by now!"

I gasp, horror striking at my heart. No pizza? A catastrophe! "What do you think happened?

"Perhaps the delivery spider got lost," the fancy duck supplies. "You know how some of them are... They get frightened too easily."

I nod. "I hope he's alright."

"I'm sure he is, miss."

My brows furrow. "Will I still get pizza?" I ask urgently.

"BEEEEP!" the duck replies.

"Pardon?"

The duck coughed. "I'm sorry, miss. Lately, I've had a bit of a sore throat— BEEEEP!!"

I frown. Wait—

*-*-*-*

My eyes flutter open.

I blink. Once. Twice.

The hazy glow of the world starts to come into focus. My still limbs are warm and gooey as if being held by some unseen force. A moment of pure bliss passes over me like a wave.

My mind is tranquil; I barely remember my name.

Everything is perfect.

Until—

"BEEEEEEEEP!!"

The calm rippling wave suddenly turned into a humongous tidal wave, sweeping me off the beach and under the water as a flash of panic ran through me.

My half-opened eyes wearily tried their best to widen in shock. My left hand twitched.

What time is it?

How long was I sleeping?

I want to crane my neck to look at the blaring and blatantly rude alarm clock to check the time, but my body screams in protest.