•Chapter 20•

Jungkook p.o.v
Betrayal hurts. Especially when it comes from those closest to you.

Walking up the familiar staircase to the large glass doors, the guards bow and open the doors for him. "Good morning Mr. Jeon." Completely ignoring them, he continues to make his way into the house. His mother just reaches the bottom of the stairs and smiles at him. "Jungkook honey, what brings you here?" He can hear the fake tone in her voice. He looks at her with so much anger and she sees it. "I'll deal with you in a minute." He growls while pointing a finger at her and he doesn't miss the shocked look on her face as he walks by her.

Walking down the corridor, he makes his way to his father's study since he's always in there. Opening the door without knocking, he steps in side and slams the door shut, causing his father to look up. "Son." Is all he says before looking back down at papers.

He slowly paces to his desk and sits in a chair in front of him. After a few seconds, his father finally looks up at him. "What is it that you're here for?" His jaw ticks. "I think you already know." His father then smirks. "I don't know. Maybe you should enlighten me." This makes his anger even worse. "Oh, I think I do know. This is about your pretty little wife, isn't it?" He was going to try to keep calm, but that made him snap.

He stands up and reaches over the desk, grabbing his father by the collar of his shirt. "You son of bitch! How could you?" He says through gritted teeth and the tears begin to surface. "You better watch how you talk to me." His father spits back. He throws him back, causing the chair the fall backwards.

He walks around the desk to see his father on the floor. "What are you gonna do, kill me?" His father says with a bored tone. And that's when Jungkook pulls out his gun, aiming it at him. "Really? After everything I've done for you." He hisses. "After everything you've done for me?" He scoffs. "All you've ever done was put me through hell." Even though it's his father and he loves him, the amount of resentment he has towards him is much greater. "You've done nothing but treat me more like a tool than a son. The training you out me through as a kid-"

His voice cracks as the memories and flashbacks of the brutal training from his childhood flash in front of his eyes. Tied and beaten up by men twice his size. Locked out in the rain for hours until he shot a perfect bullseye. Trained in martial arts until his bones cracked and muscled tightened to the point where he couldn't move anymore.

The first he watched someone be killed in front of him, he was only 10. The first time he had seriously injured some was 13. And the first he ever killed someone himself was only 15 years old. A kid shouldn't have to see or go through any of that. But his father told him it was toughen him up and be prepared for when he takes over.

His grip on the pistol tightened and his hand begins to shake. Seeing his shaky hand, his father smirks. "You won't do it. You don't have it in you." Jungkook's jaw ticks at that statement. "Yeah I do. You're the one that trained me to be like this." His finger slowly started to pull the trigger. "Goodbye father." And just like that, his father was gone. At first, he felt nothing. But then he realized what he just did.

I just... killed my father..

He doesn't know what to feel right now.

Anger?
Sadness?
Happiness?
Relief?
Regret?

A flood of emotions hit him all at once and his eyes tear up while his face remains cold as he stares down at his father. The door opens and he hears a loud gasp. "Jungkook!" That's when his mother comes into view as she rushes to his father and falls to her knees. "What did you do!"

She yells, tears of her own beginning to form. Peeling his eyes away from his father, he looks at her. His anger rises once again and his eyes darken. Lifting his arm, he points the gun at her. Her jaw is tightened while her lips are pressed into a thin line.

"Do it." She says with anger in her voice as the tears fall. His hand starts to shake again, but it wasn't due to anger this time. His hand was starting to shake because of sadness. His mother was the only one who shadowed any affection towards him. Treated him like a son. Did things and took care of him. Treated his wounds from beating. Let him cry on her shoulder.

His bottom lip begins to tremble as tears roll down his cheek. His finger on the trigger, ready to fire. But he can't bring himself to do it. Now matter how much anger and hatred he has towards his mother at the moment, he can't do it. So his arm falls back down to his side and he stares at her with cold eyes.

She looks surprised as he puts his arm down. "I won't kill you right now. But if you do anything to us, more specifically my wife ever again, I won't let you go next time."
She sniffles and scrunches her eyebrows. "What are talking abo-"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." Despite the cold look on his face and tears rolling down his cheeks, his voice is surprisingly calm. "You and father had hired a group to kidnap Y/N. I know she's begin tortured. I know who's guarding her and I know where she is." Shock is written all over her face.

"So again, if you ever come near me or my wife again, I won't hesitate to kill you next time. Even if you are my mother." And without sparing her another glance, he walks out of the office. Guards looking at him with shocked faces as he walks by and outside to his car.

It wasn't until he's sitting in the driver seat, that he completely falls apart. His head leaning on the steering wheel. Both regret and relief hit him. Relief because he won't ever have to suffer because of his father. But regret because in the end, that was his father. Even though he put him through hell as a kid and was part of what happened to you, that didn't mean he had to kill him.

The anger and betrayal was controlling him and he wasn't thinking.

You can't go out and do something you'll regret.

Yoongi's words ring in his head, making him cry harder. He felt like he couldn't breathe. Another 15 minuets had went by before calmed down a little bit. Starting the engine, he pulls out the driveway and drives home. The ride didn't seem long since he sort of spaced out while he was driving. It surprised him that he didn't wreck.

Walking into the door, the others knew something was wrong from his tear stained cheeks and puffy eyes. "Jungkook?" He hears and he looks up. Six pairs of concerned eyes stare at he swallows dryly. "Jungkook, what happened?" Hoseok asks, concern clear on his face.

"I killed him." He says, averting his eyes to the ground. "My father, I-"

He can't finish his sentence as the words get stuck in his throat. He looks back up, his vision beginning to blur again. But this time, there isn't any regret. He's glad he did and glad that he can finally live in peace. But why was he still crying? He couldn't understand his emotions at the moment. They kept changing every few minuets.

Shock was written across all of their faces. Suddenly, he started to feel lightheaded and the room began to spin. His face turning pale white and legs beginning to feel weak. The last thing he saw through blurry vision was someone rushing to him as he fell to his knees.

And then it went completely dark.