extended summary

key terms: 

The Academy - four-year institution where accepted students train to become certified ELITE members. There are four designated levels of training: Level One - "Rookie," Level Two - "Sophomore," Level Three - "Junior," Level Four - "Master" 

ELITE - "super police" task force organization that fights crime within the city through a combination of hand-to-hand combat and special weapons 

holo - holograms created to mirror real human criminals

HQ - short for ELITE Headquarters, which is located in the heart of the city and is the site of all official ELITE operations

sparring - main form of training practiced in the Academy. Each student in the Academy is assigned a partner (boy-girl only) during the first year of training. 

extended summary: 

Jamie Morgan is not your average soon-to-be teenage girl. Ever since she was young, she's wanted nothing more than to become part of ELITE--and now that she's old enough to take the entrance exam, she's completely focused on nailing it without any help from her know-it-all brother Daniel. 

Daniel, already established within the ELITE community, has all the guidance in the world for his sister, but she never seems to want to take it. They're at each other's throats constantly, never seeing eye to eye. But when their parents reveal a secret that tears their entire world apart, they both are thrown into a battle that they never saw coming. 

Follow the Morgan siblings as they begin the fight for their lives and try to save their world before it all comes crumbling down.