Find Kate

"Whole life is a search for beauty. But, when the beauty is found inside, the search ends and a beautiful journey begins."

Harshit Walia

Where is Batwoman?

The headline in the National City Gazette startled Kara and she picked up the paper to read the story. Batwoman was last seen in Gotham a little more than seven days ago according to several different sources, the story said.

'Seven days?' Kara thought to herself. She had been so busy, between Lena, Lex, and Leviathan, she hadn't really given any thought to Kate or Gotham. She was so lost in thought that she jumped at the buzz of her phone notifying her she had received a message. She looked down at the screen and noticed Lena's name. Puzzled, she unlocked the screen and saw Lena's message.

'Emergency in Gotham, may need 'super' assistance, please?' Lena's text message read.

'Of course, want me to meet you there, or do we need to take the bus. If you know what I mean?' Kara texted back.

'The bus would be great, give me an hour?' Lena responded.

'Meet you at your office, will be dressed for work.' Kara typed quickly.

***********************************

3 Weeks before...

As Lena grasped Supergirl's hand, she looked into the blue eyes of her former best friend and saw a spark, something that had been missing before.

"Lena," Supergirl spoke and her eyes dropped to the floor, "You know, this handshake, this isn't going to work for me." Then her head came up and it wasn't Supergirl, it was her Kara staring back at her as she pulled her into a hug and squeezed as tightly as she could.

Lena leaned her head on to Kara's shoulder and smiled as tears ran down her face.

"I'm so sorry, Lena. I never should have let you out of my life," Kara whispered as she held tight to the brunette. "I hope you can forgive me?"

***********************************

An hour later, Supergirl touched down on Lena's balcony at Luthor Corp. She smiled as Lena stood up and walked towards the glass doors, earning a smile in response. Since Lena's visit to her apartment, six weeks before, their relationship seemed to be on the upswing and things were getting better every day. Kara sighed as the door opened and Lena's smile seemed to get even brighter.

"Kara, thank you for coming," even with the smile on her face, Lena's green eyes seem troubled. "Kate Kane, the CEO of Wayne Enterprises is missing, and her executive assistant has called me to come and handle some 'business' matters."

Kara stopped smiling at Lena's inflection on business, "Lena, what's going on?"

Lena put her hand on Kara's chest and pushed, causing the taller woman to step back. "Kara," Lena began, as she turned to close the door, "Batwoman is missing, and Kate Kane is missing."

"You know?" Kara's mouth hung open as she stared, shocked, at Lena.

"Yes, I was in Gotham when you interviewed her. I was there on business with Wayne Technologies for Lex, and Kate and I met, got to know one another." Lena frowned, "she told me about what happened during the--you know."

Kara's eyes fell, remembering the Crisis. "Lena, I wasn't hiding anything, I didn't know how much..." Lena cut her off with a raised hand.

"Kara, darling, this isn't about hiding anything, this is about the pain you went through, alone. Kate and I have been talking a lot, especially the night you came to my apartment and called me a--a villain." Lena spoke softly.