CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

I will respectfully and carefully write about Beria's funeral service. I tried to look up different Turkish traditions for a funeral, and there are many different ones. What I will do is keep it very simple for a twelve-year-old son losing his Anne. I apologize in advance if I offend anyone; please know this is not my intent in a fictional story. If I make an offensive mistake, please let me know in comments. I will try to correct the mistake or offense, with your suggestions. I would never want to offend someone's religion or traditions. Thank you for reading. Sandra

It was a quiet group driving the streets of Istanbul that early morning, from the hospital. Sanem turned to Eren and said, "Your Anne would have loved the sky this morning. Look how pink and beautiful it is right now." He replied, "I know she sees it, because it is so beautiful, just for her."

When they arrived back at the Aydin's, Eren told them he could go home by himself

When they arrived back at the Aydin's, Eren told them he could go home by himself. Can, Sanem, and even Osman told him that the Aydin's would be upset if he did not come to them. When they finally get there, it is about 6:00 in the morning. Mevkibe was already in the kitchen cooking. She went straight to Eren and grabbed him in a big hug. He started crying and told her that he was so scared, but Sanem hanim and Can Bey helped him so much. They told him what to do, and his Anne woke up and talked to him. Nihat came thru the door as he was talking, and he stopped to hug Sanem and Can, telling them he is proud of them.

Mevkibe told all of them to have a snack and go lie down for a little while. She had made-up a bed in Sanem's old room for Eren on the daybed. She had the babies all in the large crib that Leyla and Sanem slept in as babies. They were all snuggled together when she checked them a few minutes ago. They had only awakened once about three and she expects them to start moving soon. She had Leyla's old full size bed made-up for Sanem and Can to nap on, in the same room as the babies.

Nihat sent Osman to the couch in the living room. Ayhan had gone late last night, to Can's and Sanem's house to take care of the animals. She had called back after CeyCey left to say she was going to bed with all three animals. She would call when she wakes up, to not worry about anything.

Nihat told Eren he should stay with them for now, until at least after the funeral, then they would find out what his Anne had planned. He also said that they would go to Eren's house later today and look for any plans or notes his Anne had left. Everyone was so tired that they just had a cup of hot tea, and some homemade bread. Sanem was the only one that really did not get to take a break at the hospital.