Goodbye

I looked deep into her eyes and said, do you love me? Her breath quivered as she said, "yes, of course, why wouldn't I". where do you hurt? She reached down and pulled up her sleeve to show a bite from a runner. I gasped. No no no no. We got to get outa here. But then she showed me something that I would never forget, she showed me a piece of glass through her stomach. When she fell down because of the runners and clickers she landed on the glass. I picked her up off the floor and had her wrap her hands around my neck and to relax and that we will be okay and that we will make it, and there is no other option. I ran out of the warehouse and found a old wooden cabin in the woods about a mile away. I walked in and set her down on the couch in the living room and walked around making sure no one else is here. I checked upstairs but when I came back down to check on Olivia. She wasn't breathing. I went over to her and held her to me. Then I realized I need to do CPR. I set her down on the floor and did it, I almost gave up when she gasped alive grabbing my neck, her claws digging in, she was alive. I was never going to leave her side again. But that's when I saw something I never saw before, she was...... Crying. The whole time I've known her, she never has cried. I took her upstairs and went into a bedroom, put her on the bed, and did minor surgery on her stomach. While doing it, she cringed and cried and tried to slip away. I would just stop what I was doing and look at her and say, we need you to get better, I need you. Your making it hard to do that. Then she would apologize and I would continue working. I never did sleep that night, I stayed on full guard and never left her side. When she had her nightmares I would comfort her, and she would wrap herself around me making sure I wouldn't leave her, leave her with this pain that wouldn't stop, and someone was to blame. Not her, not me, but someone.