Snivy plays hard to catch, the electric trial begins

Now accompanied by Cilan and Iris, our heroes is headed toward Nacrene City and his second Gym Battle challenge.

Meanwhile, Ash's stomach began to growl and he said that he is hungry. Iris subsequently proposes stopping for lunch and volunteers to search for food.  Our heroes then wait at a clearing in the forest. Iris soon returns with a basket of fruits and berries, and before she and Ash could start eating, Cilan stops them. Putting his cooking skills to use, Cilan prepares lunch for the group using the fruits and berries Iris had picked.

While Cilan cooks, Y/n and Palutena was having a spar. The others, Bea and Coco especially was surprised to see Y/n being tossed around. Palutena was making Y/n look a rookie, and the older guardian doesn't look like she's even trying.

After Cilan was done,they all sat down to have some lunch. Y/n and the others then compliment Cilan on his wonderful cooking. Pleased with their response, Cilan tells them that he prepared seconds, causing Ash and Iris to rush to the cooking area.

 However, when the two of them realize that there isn't any food left, they alerted Cilan, causing him to be as equally puzzled as them. While they were pondering, Iris notices that the grass is moving, hinting that something is hiding amongst the grass, and moving away from them.

Ash follows the trail of disturbed grass leading him to an empty clearing, where a is Sniny seen eating one of the flour-like cakes Cilan had prepared. Ash instantly throws a Pokeball but she soon breaks free. Sweeping the Pokeball back to Ash with her tail, the Snivy quickly escapes by running into the grass. Realizing that only a wild Pokemon can be caught by a Pokeball, Ash is determined to make the wild Snivy a part of his team, and chases after her.

In another empty clearing, the group finds Snivy almost finishing the flour-like cake. Ash sends out Pikachu to battle the grass snake Pokemon used attract to stop Pikachu in his tracks. But Ash had an idea, he recalled Pikachu for his Pidove.

When Snivy tried to used attract ,but to her shock  Pidove wasn't effected. 

 "This means Pidove is a female." Coco said.

"Yep, i made sure to have Ash understand that this can be important." Y/n said.

"Quick attack!"

Pidove quickly rushed at Snivy, using a hit and run tactic, it wasn't long before Snivy went down. Ash then quickly threw a Pokeball.

1...2...3 and with that Snivy was caught.

"I got a Snivy!" Ash cheered with his Pokemon.

After Ash sent out Snivy, she looked at her new trainer for a minute before nodding. Palutena explained that Ash may have earned the grass starters respect. 

Y/n then noticed a trail sign,  he then got ready for his trail.

As Y/n when down the trail's path, the others explained what a trail is to Cilan.

Y/n entered a large clearing with two large pillars at the exit, eletricity was running between them. A Voltorb was in front of the gate guarding it.

"It's seems that that Voltorb was powering those pillars" Coco said. " It looks like Y/n was to take it down to move on."

Y/n then sent out Kommo-o, which quickly knocked out the ball Pokemon.

Y/n then entered the second area, where a  Blitzle was waiting.

"Who's that Pokemon?" Ash asked while scanning the new Pokemon with his Pokedex.

"Blitzle, the Electrified Pokemon. Blitzle catches electricity and stores it in its mane, which glows when the electricity is discharged." His Pokedex beeped.