8.

"Three cuppas." I beamed, placing the cups down in front of them. I had managed to cool myself down a bit and wanted to act as natural as possible. The three thanked me profusely and started signing the albums.
I sighed quietly and sat down on the counter, looking around the shop and occasionally peeking at the lads sitting at the table next to me. It was so odd to see them back after all those years and they didn't seem to recognise me yet. If only they knew how much they occupied my mind. Maybe it was obvious that I knew them, as I was constantly reminded of them and they weren't reminded of me at all. Unlike them, I wasn't on the telly or radio all the time. They couldn't be missed.

"Have you got any sugar, love?" John asked, gesturing towards his tea. I hurried to get the sugar and set the pot down in front of him, apologising for being so oblivious to them maybe wanting sugar. His hand reached for the sugar, but stopped and hovered above it. He squinted a little and studied my face.
Oh god, was he recognising me after all?

"Have I seen you before? Your face seems familiar." He asked, continuing to grab he sugar and dropping it in his tea.
My cheeks turned even redder than they already were, if that was possible.
"N-No. I don't think so." I stuttered, failing to mask how nervous it made me.

"I think I've seen you somewhere too." Nick whispered, also turning his attention to me. He and John were looking at me intently and I looked down at my feet.

"You guys are from here right? I live here too, maybe you've seen me on the streets some while ago." I explained, regaining my strength and sounding more confident again. I wasn't going to let them win this easily.

"No, that's not it. I don't remember people I just see on the streets." John mumbled, trying to get his head around where he knew me from.

"Did you work somewhere we might've seen you, other than here?" Nick asked. Simon had by now turned his attention to me too and was frowning at me, knowing I had something to hide.

"I... I worked at the Rum Runner..." I whispered, wanting to sound inaudible. "I moved to Germany soon af-"

"Luella?!" Nick exclaimed as he cut me off. "You bloody thief!" He smiled, standing up to get from behind the table and study me from up close. He took hold of my hand and I couldn't play dumb anymore. "Hi Nick." I whispered.

John was still sitting at the table with a confused look on his face. I pulled away from Nick to stand in front of him and it seemed like a switch turned on as he got up and hugged me without any hesitation. I was struck and slowly slipped my arms around his back, not knowing what was happening. It was six years, how could he just hug me like I was his long lost love? We weren't even together, we only knew each other for two days and kissed. But you could say the same about me and yet I couldn't have a day without thinking of him.

"I missed you." He whispered, pulling back to look me into my eyes.

"I didn't think you would after six years." I sniffed, realising I let a few unwanted tears slip. "I wanted to move back as soon as I turned 18 so I could see you again, but things didn't go as planned and I was stuck in Germany for five years." I explained. "You never realise how bloody repetitive the telly is until Duran Duran comes on every day."

John chuckled and pulled me into another embrace, gently wiping the tears from my cheeks with his thumb. "You have no idea how devastated I was when you ran out. It's been bloody six years, Lu, but I don't think I ever forgot how much it hurt when you told me you were moving and I never saw you again."

I rested my head against his shoulder while I enjoyed his warm body against mine. He was hugging me tightly and I didn't want to let go. It felt so good to be in his arms again. My hand pulled on his arm and my fingers entwined with his. They were unmistakably the hands I held as I fell asleep next to him. I closed my eyes and sighed contently. He smelled so good, of cologne and cigarettes.

"Are you free tonight?" He whispered against my neck, pecking the skin delicately. I nodded against his shoulder. "I'm free as soon as you guys are done with signing."
"Then we bloody sign those things at the speed of light." He laughed, pulling back to sign the albums. I took my seat on the counter again and dreamily looked at John.
I had found him after all.