You Need Help.

He lent down on one knee.

"Oh my." I whispered under my breath.

"Fiona Elizabeth Kemp..."

"YES." I didn't even let him finish. I wanted it more than anything.

I rushed into his arms. We made love all night. I was going to become Fiona Taylor and I loved the thought of it.

1984...

Duran went on the 'Sing Blue Silver' tour and played arenas and stadiums in Japan, Canada and US. They came out with the album 'Arena' which was released with a new single called 'The Wild Boys'.

Things weren't looking good for Duran. They had just came off of their third world tour. Arguments started kicking in even more than before. They started to grow sick and tired of each other.

"I think we should take a break." Andy insisted.
"I agree." Simon chipped in.
"Yeah. I'm tired. John- me and you can't carry on getting high every night. We're exhausted." Andy confessed.
"Plus Andy and I have kinda been getting involved in another project..." John chipped in.
"Wow, that's nice isn't it." Simon said sarcastically.
My face dropped. I didn't just hear that.
"What? What happened to "only one time" John. I simply can't believe you. See you later." I stormed off. I had suspected all a long that he was lying to me but I didn't want it to be true. I mean what else could have him and Andy been doing every night of tour? Urgh. I was so annoyed. He was addicted and I couldn't stop him neither help him.

I heard the door open of the flat. I sat on the sofa with my head in my hands, annoyed out of my brain.
"Fi. You have to understand that this is what rockstars do. They get high, have sex, play music."
The cheek of this man.
"Yes John but it can kill you."
"Nah it won't."
"How can you be so sure?" I asked starting to cry.
"Hey, don't cry." He said trying to comfort me. I quickly brushed him off.
"Fi."
"It's me or the drugs. If you love me that much, you'll give it up." I angrily screamed as I stormed out of the flat with the door slamming behind me.

"Maybe you're being too hard on him." Nick said trying to convince me as he took a sip of his coffee.
"No. He knows what he's doing. He's hurting me." I said starting to break down in front of everyone in the cafe.
"Shouting at him doesn't help." Nick replied.
"It's cocaine or me. I don't care. If he loves me, he'll be willing to go to rehab and get clean, but no, he continues."

1985...
And so months went by. Duran had split off into two different bands- Arcadia and The Powerstation. Arcadia being Simon and Nick and The Powerstation being John and Andy. Roger decided to take part in both fields.

I had been ignoring John for weeks. Hardly saying anything to him when being in the same room as him. Going to sleep was difficult enough. He was so high that it was like I didn't even live there. It was like he had forgotten about me. His own fiancé.

Every night, he'd come home stoned as fuck. It made me so upset but I wanted to see how bad it would get before he REALLY needed help.

Every interview he appeared on, he looked so out of it and couldn't even articulate his words properly because of all that cocaine.

I knew it was time. I needed to help him.

So one night in bed, I turned to face him.

"John." I whispered softly.
"Fi." He said as he turned around smiling.
I went in to cuddle with him. So warm but so not right.
"John, you need help." I said breathing into his chest.
"What the hell Fi?" He said pushing me off. "That's so out of order!"
"John you're not okay." I confessed.
"Of course I'm okay! I'm on top of the world. I'm successful and famous and life is great!"
"No. You need to get clean John. Please." I begged.
"You're a ridiculous little girl." He said looking disgusted.

I turned back around to face the other way. Tears started to trickle down my face. I could taste the bitterness reach my tongue. Who had John become? And how could I possibly help him when he reacted like this?