author's note

housekeeping notes ~

• This fic starts the summer before sixth year, and goes into sixth year at Hogwarts

• The main character Viola's name is intended to be the traditional old English pronunciation "v-eye-uh-la" (however, if you as a reader choose to pronounce it differently, there is no one preventing you from doing so - I just wanted to mention how it was originally intended to be pronounced)

• I intend to upload chapters every Sunday. Those of you who follow my other fic, Antiheroine, are aware that I've struggled with writing in a timely manner in the past; however, I've already began to plan far ahead to maintain this uploading schedule :)

• To those of you who follow Antiheroine, it will be on hiatus until Midnight Sky is complete. I apologize for this; I've just lost motivation for that fic after receiving some negative feedback unfortunately. Regardless, I hope that you enjoy this one!

• I highly encourage interacting with the story! I love seeing all of your comments, opinions, and reactions. I do ask, however, that you keep the comments a positive space for all. If you have any quarrels with the story, please message me privately :)

disclaimer ~

• I do not own any Harry Potter intellectual properties. All characters besides the ones I have created are properties of J.K. Rowling.

• Even though I create Harry Potter content and have a deep love for the Wizarding World, I do not in any way support J.K. Rowling's views on women's identity and gender. Trans women are women. This is a safe space for ALL.

• Minor trigger warning ~ there is brief mention of child grooming, so if that is something you are sensitive to, you should skip the first chapter (I will update this author's note if it is mentioned anywhere else in the fic)

• If there is anything in this story that is not canon, it is intentional. I try to keep things as close to canon as possible; however, when you're adding a new character, it becomes impossible to maintain canon entirely. It is also important to note that it will be evident that in this story, Lucius Malfoy was not arrested following the battle at the Department of Mysteries in Year 5. There will most likely be additional alteration to what's canon.

• There will be some mature content. If you choose to skip over it, it will most likely not affect the rest of your read.

thank you all for reading
I hope you enjoy! :)