Chapter 1: The Audition

Breathe in, Breathe out. 

I stood outside in the cool afternoon weather around with hundreds of other people. I grabbed my earphones taking my mind off my nerves as Ed Sheeran played through the mini speakers. 

She's like cold coffee in the morning, 

and I'm drunk of last night's whiskey and coke.

I hear screaming girls from around the aisles as they see the camera crew set up.  I ignored them as I kept replaying the lyrics for my audtition.

The lines moved a couple of inches as I cuddle into my jacket.

"It's so cold." I mumbled under my breath.

"It's a little bit chilly, isn't it?" I hear a voice behind me. I turned around to see a boy around my age.

"Yeah, I"m Ally." 

"I'm Harry. Nice to meet you, Ally."

"So you're audtitioning too?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm going to be performing Isn't She Lovely."

"Oh I love that song. I'll be singing Cold Coffee."

I looked around the parking lot. There was people getting their mini before audition interviews, the ones who were singing, and the ones who stood around with their parents. My parents stayed at home as I went to my audition by myself. I can see Harry brought a couple of people with him.

After making conversation with Harry, the lines went much faster and I soon went inside the building. We made our way to the waiting rooms. I can feel my foot shaking impatiently.

"Ally Clark?" An employee called out from behind the couch I was sitting.

I stood up as I followed the lady. I turned around to see Harry giving my a small thumbs up for good luck.

I followed her until I see make up counters, bright lights, and other people walking around. At this moment I can feel my nerves taking over. My palms start to sweat as walked around for a while. 

This is it. This is going to be my break.

I watched the television close by as a host spoke out to the screen.

"Welcome to the 2010 X Factor Auditions." He greeted the screen.

This has just became real. 

I moved my hair away from my face as I continued to watch other's audtions.

A small group of girls went on stage and performed their song. 

Simon, Cheryl, and Lou gave their opinons.

I was up next.

I made my way to the steps. I shook my leg nervously.

I got the approval to go on stage.

I look at the floor. I looked at the judges and then I looked at the crowd. Oh my god there's a lot of people here. 

"Hello" Simon said.

"Hi." I smiled back,

"And you are?" 

"I'm Ally Clark. I'm sixteen from Manchester." I got a few cheers from the crowd.

"What do you Ally?"

"Well I sing a lot but I also write."

"Oh interesting." Lou called out.

"What will you be singing for us?" Simon asked.

"Cold Coffee by Ed Sheeran."

"Great. Start when you're ready." Cheryl smiled at me.

I looked up towards the crowd as the intro music started to play.

Breathe, Ally.

 It was time.

I took the first note and I got lost into the music, forgetting my fears.

And tell me if I'm wrong, And tell me if I'm right.

And tell me if you need a loving hand to help you fall asleep tonight.

Tell me if I know, and tell me if I do.

And tell me how to fall in the way you want me to.

 I saw Simon's hand go up and I immediantly stopped. I waited for some feedback.

"That was absolutely beautiful." Cheryl spoked as she broke the silence.

"Thank you" I shyly spoke.

"You're voice is amazing. I think you're going to be a big star in your future!" Lou exclaimed into the microphone.

"Thank you, Lou." I smiled at these comments.

I waited patiently for Simon's comment. His approval means the most to me. 

"One of the best performances I've heard all day."

I felt like crying. Never in a million years would I have thought I would have gotten these comments. 

"You made it." Simon gave me a grin.

I thought I was going to explode.

"Thank you guys so much. This means so much to me." I hold back my tears as I left the stage, hearing some cheers and claps as I walked out.

I walked to the main hallway as I pulled out my phone. My hand shook as I dialed my mother's number.

"Hello."

"Mom, I-I made it!" I screamed into the phone.

"Oh my god! Ally! That's great news."

I told her all of the details as I headed back to the entrance.

"Ally!" I turned around spotting Harry once again.

"That was amazing."

"Thank you."

"I can never compete with that now!" Harry joked as he nudged my arm.

I gave him a smile back.

"I got to go back home now. Bye, Harry. Good Luck!" I called back out before leaving the building.

"Bye!"

 This is going to be the start of something new.