1

AN: As many of you are well aware, this is one of Fanofthehunt's books. I do not claim that I own it. Nor am I Uncle Rick, meaning that I do not own PJO/HOO.

Since Fanofthehunt's account got deleted, I took the liberty, and the duty, of being the saviour of all the Pertemis fans. Which means that I carefully preserved, and will be republishing several, though not all, of her books.

Also, in case you didn't notice, I also managed to save her covers. BOOM!

So, read on, and welcome to Vengeance, by Fanofthehunt, TheSonofTartarus republished edition. On with it!

Percy PoV

Finally, after all these years of fighting, after two wars, there was peace.

Well, in its own twisted way, but it was peace nonetheless.

Things at the camps were both still hectic, but that was to be expected.

I wasn't needed at either camp for the time being, so I was going to stop by my mom's place.

She probably doesn't even know if I'm alive anymore.

I am the worst son in the history of ever.

Really.

I mean, who runs off to battle without telling their parent, and then doesn't stop by afterwards to let them know their child is still alive?

Was that right? I don't know, I could just ask Annabeth later.

She knows everything!

She even knew when I was going to propose to her! That's, like, impossible!

She said yes though, and that's all that really mattered.

I mounted Blackjack, and soon I was soaring through the clouds on my flying horse. Yeah, being a demigod is weird.

A few minutes later, we descended to the roof of the apartment building my mom and Paul were staying at.

Blackjack flew off to find some doughnuts while I took the steps three at a time to get to my mom's floor.

When I rang the bell, there was no
response.

Mom always got the door.

I knocked on the door, and it swung open.

Mom knew better than to leave the door unlocked in this part of Manhattan.

Something just felt off, so I uncapped Riptide, holding the sword at the ready.

What I saw made me drop it in shock.

My mother and her husband lay in bed.

I would've thought they were sleeping if not for the bullet holes in their foreheads.

Everything became hazy. Red. I don't remember much.

Just screaming myself hoarse, and my fiancé's face.

When I finally awoke from my nightmare ridden sleep, I was in a comfortable bed in a room that was far too bright.

I groaned, sitting up with much effort.

Annabeth walked into the room, a plate of freshly baked blue cookies in her hands.

The love of my life set the plate down before pulling a chair over to sit with me.

"Annabeth," I mumbled weakly. "What happened?"

"Oh, Percy," she sighed. "You don't remember?"