Prologue

(A/N This chapter was edited slightly to fix some mistakes and add to incomplete sentences. You'll know what I mean once you read my Tumblr version)

Tasuku Sendou first found Buddyfight when he was 8 (Wikia says he is 13). He walked into this new card shop that opened up at his new school. He was wearing blue graphic t-shirt of Dragonic Overlord "The End," denim shorts, and red-and-blue crocs. His two decks were stashed in his belt, ready at a cardfight's notice.

Since you are wondering why he is alone, it's because his parents, Toshiki and Aichi Sendou, are checking out Aibo Academy for his schooling. They told him--well, Tou-san told him--to check out the campus. Aunt Emi and Uncle Kamui, because he can't let his kami leave his sight, were there as chaperones. He saw the shop across the sideway, with students of various ages staining the windows with cheese sauce, on their way by, and gave his Aunt and Uncle the slip. They were too busy discussing ice cream flavors to be responsible guardians.

A ring sounded through him as he stepped through. "Ohayo." He looked around for a cashier, but no one was up front.

"My Vern Killer, Igulu deals 2 damage. Take that, loser!" He heard a teen male in the back, a crowd of whomever cheering him on. He jogged on over.

"I discard a card and Strange Kiteman blocks your attack!" A less-than-10-year-old screamed back.

"Tch! Don't get cocky, weakling!"

Tasuku yelled, "Oi! Stop harrassing him! That's not cool!"

The two boys didn't stop the cardfight. The crowd looked even on who they're cheering for.

Once he got there, slightly winded, Tasuku saw that the board was different.

He murmured to himself, "I've never seen that game before." Not to mention the few obviously-out-of-this-world creatures surrounding the two of them that nobody commented on.

It's probably because he inherited Psyqualia, "I gave it to them" be damned.

The dude next to him gasped, looking horrified. "Nani?! You've never heard of Buddyfight?!"

"E-eto...what's Buddyfight? Is it another TCG?"

"Yeah, you dumbf**k!"

Slap!

"Don't say that, you moron!" The red-eyed bluenet growled.

"What's going on here?" An employee asked.

Tasuku responded, "this bozo cursed me!" pointing at the ugly moron.

The dude moves to punch him, but the employee, who is thicc (yes, Author-san means to say this. He basically looks like your stereotypical mechanic/lumberjack, but without the gunk) muscles, stops it. The dude starts yelling garbage. "Language, gaki! Do you want to be banned from this shop?"

"..."

The dude stomped away in a war cry, leaving the shop.

"This skill adds plus-1 attack! I win!" The younger player cheerily announces.

"Aaaaaah! You brat, I'll--" The employee drags away the teen, his deck left on the table. The younger had already moved off, presumably to his friends, reveling in his victory over the maybe-bully. His...unit...trailed behind him...what a tiny unit...

Tasuku studies the board as a new pair begin their own cardfight, the maybe-bully's deck shoved onto the floor. Remembering cardfight etiquette, he picks up the cards and returns them to the cash register. "Lost and found, please."